“Views Great Food Views Great Drinks”
Review of Wasabi's

Wasabi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Homer
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Majestic views of Kachemak Bay, glaciers and mountains, multiple bird viewing opportunities and a moose or two. We accommodate large parties to 300 people, plenty of parking perfect for weddings and functions. We also have a night club with state of the art lighting, sound and vidio perfect for that special event.
Boulder, Colorado
“Views Great Food Views Great Drinks”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Best Sushi and other delicious food in Alaska. This is a regular stop for us when we travel to area each spring and summer. The interior decor is unique yet allows you to focus on view, food, friends and fun! Drinks are good, service is friendly and prompt the food is always fresh and delicious. Can't wait to go back again.

• Visited May 2014
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for after having a great experience taking the time to write a review. We love what we do and it was our pleasure to share it with you.
Wasabis owners and crew.

Colorado Springs
“An Appetizer to Die For”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We weren't real hungry for supper, so we decided to split an appetizer for our dinner. It was amazing! SO many delicious flavors melded together. Unfortunately I can't remember what its name was. But, oh was it good.

Visited August 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Wow thank you for the accolades.
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Sushi, but slow”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We are always surprised that we have to call for a reservation...but here is the rest of the story:

We love sushi. My wife and I really appreciate having a nice place to get our fix in Homer. The presentations are mostly great, and the quality is good. (I've had some uni there that was less-than-fresh, and I was disappointed)

Service can be very slow, so we recommend ordering an appetizer--they seem to come out quickly from the kitchen. The sushi bar is slow, and can be downright frustrating if the dining room is remotely busy.

Most of the time there are plenty of tables available, but don't expect to just drop in. They always get a little testy if we just show up for dinner. I guess we should always call to let them know someone is coming?

That is the only quirk, aside from the slow sushi service.

• Visited June 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our rastaurant. Your review is helpful on our plite for perfection, we may never archive it but assured it is our gole. Apologise for slow service but all of our items are made to order and at times it sets us back not having pre made or scoop to serve items. We strongly feel that made fresh and to order produces far superior product.
Thanks for your business.
Homer, Alaska
“Great drinks”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Wasabis is a great place to go with friends and family to get either sushi or the dinner special. They have a fab lemon drop martini that is sugar rimmed and very refreshing, the views are very nice also, service can be slow but it is worth the wait

Visited July 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Glad you enjoyed our hand crafted cocktails, we put a lot of thought into them and obviously your experience is the product of it. Thanks for you patronage.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Food was good, service, not so much”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We are in Homer often and usually eat out a couple nights. We wanted to go out after a great day of fishing and called our favorite spot but they were full all evening so we decided to try Wasabi's. I will start with the good, the appetizers we ordered were real good, We had a seafood pot, the halibut dip and a California roll. All very good. Two of us had ribeyes and 2 had the tempura shrimp. One person also ordered a ceasar salad. All were very good and the steaks were cooked just as they were ordered. The problem was the service. Our waitress was a young gal. First it took forever to get our drinks. We then ordered the apps. She came back before the apps came out and took our orders. I was the first order she took then the other guys. The apps finally show up about 40 minutes later. We had eaten the edamame (sp) and the shells were on the app plates. She proceeds to dump the shells onto another plate and gives us back the used plates for the apps that just came out. For a restuarant billed as fine dining this is unacceptable. Another 30-40 min go by and another gal comes out with food. The salad never came out until another gal comes to drop off the meals. She only has the salad and 3 entrees. I said I ordered the tempura also and was the first order taken. The original waitress comes back and say oh sorry, do you want me to turn it in now? Really? I guess I just came in to watch the other 3 eat. I say yeas please. So by the time I get my meal everyone else is 3/4 done with their meal. One person needed a condiment to go with his meal and we had to flag someone down who was walking by to find our waitress to get it. It took 10 minutes to get a little wasabi. The waitress only came by 1 time to see if we needed anything else to drink and we had to get up to find someone to bring some more water. I am very disappointed in the poor service when there were only 3 other tables of people at the time. The service part of the experience will make me think twice about going there again when I can pay the same amount of money at cups or Patties and get way better service. One of the guys with us is from Homer told the one waitress it's like we didn't exsist. He had recommened Wasabi's when Patties was full and was apologetic afterwards.

• Visited August 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. This is not our norm and most humbly ask you give us another opportunity to get it right. Thanks for your business.

Been to Wasabi's? Share your experiences!