“Lovely, Affordable Stay with a great Breakfast”
Review of Paula's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Paula's Place B&B
Ranked #5 of 40 Homer B&B and Inns
California
“Lovely, Affordable Stay with a great Breakfast”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family and I recently stayed at Paula's Place and it was like a home away from home. You have the entire downstairs to yourself, which has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a mini kitchenette.

We only stayed one night, so could only partake in one of the delightful breakfasts but we're so glad we at least had the one. She offered us berries, potatoes with rosemary, bacon, an egg casserole, toast, juice and coffee. It was delicious!

Paula is a great host and we enjoyed chatting with her and learning about what brought her to Homer from Colorado (my home state). Definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lifeofexploring
paula99603, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
It's nice to see families taking time to travel together. I'm glad when they feel my place has added to their vacation experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
california
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Paula's Place is perfect in every way, starting with Paula herself. We really enjoyed conversation over breakfast with her...and speaking of breakfast..WOW. Deeeeelish. THE best breakfasts of our entire Alaska trip. Our comfy sleeping accommodations included a great family room with big picture windows. (Wait until you have breakfast in the morning where you sit looking out Paula's even bigger upper living area windows.Spectacular.) There are laundry facilities in the bathroom area if you need them, requiring a very reasonable extra fee for their use. Everything is not only spotless but attractive as well. Don't miss admiring the great antique stove in the corner of the family room! Hopefully, we'll find a way to get back to Homer, AND that Paula's Place will be available.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank socalers
paula99603, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
I love it when a guest writes how much he enjoyed staying at my place. It's always nice when someone says they enjoyed me as much as I enjoyed them.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Although we haven't stayed at Paula's, I feel compelled to write a review. We thought we had made reservations with her for this summer, but found that we had given her the wrong month and we had failed to take note of the wrong month in her confirming email. When we called now (months later) to double check, we discovered the error, but Paula couldn't have been nicer. She was already booked for the nights we needed, but offered to find us an alternate B&B. She called back within 10 minutes with a fine replacement. If all of the people in Homer are as nice and friendly as she is, we might not come home!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Swanepop
paula99603, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
I know most B&Bs in Homer would have been just as helpful as I was. Maybe this guest never will go home!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed at Paula's during a recent business trip, that also included a little fun and tourism. Paula provides an amazing breakfast which always includes a delicious variety or baked goods, fruits, meats, and eggs. The berry banana baked oatmeal was my favorite, and she gave me a copy of the recipe to make at home for me family. Breakfast is provided on your schedule, which is wonderful if you are leaving early or want to sleep in. The downstairs guest area is homey, a perfect place to hang out or get some work done. I look forward to staying at Paula's again soon.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2012

My husband and I went to Homer to visit our son and his girlfriend. We stayed 4 nights at Paula's and had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect! It was great in the evenings after hiking to be able to come back and the four of us relax in the spacious family room. Paula's breakfasts were delicious! Everything in her home was spotless. One of the best features was the running water and lovely bathroom, unlike our son who only had an outhouse and no water:) We would certainly stay again at Paula's Place the next time we visit Homer. Thank you, Paula, for being such a great host! We enjoyed meeting you, and hope to come back again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 18 November 2012
Getting to meet and visit with my guests is what I love about having a B&B. It is so gratifying to see their reviews and know they enjoyed it too.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Home-bodies, foodies, dog lovers and gardeners will feel right at home at Paula's. I'm all of the aforementioned, so I'm a big fan. My sisters and I stayed 3 nights during the second week of September and were very cozy and warm. We were surprised at the size and comfort-level of the suite. We were greeted upon arrival by her gentle doggie Bear, and I really enjoyed her backyard lounge area that overlooks her beautiful garden and the sweet peas and poppies that were in full bloom. Her breakfasts are such a treat, made especially so by the presence of Paula herself who joined us daily. She's a great cook who doesn't skimp on the quality or quantity of her ingredients. She's very social, so don't be afraid to chat her up. She's had a very interesting life! Should I return to Homer (and I hope to) I would look no further than Paula's for lodging.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
My little Corgi, Bear, and I enjoy our guests and he thinks it's his personal responsibility to greet every one!
Forked River, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I find that if I have plans to be in Homer, which isn't often enough, I want to bed down at Paula's B&B. Paula's is clean and Paula herself is just a nice lady. The more I get to know her, the more I like her. Breakfast is prepared on my schedule and is always full of homemade wonders. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Paula's B&B is in a neighborhood, so it feels like home.