“Charming place. Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paula's Place B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Paula's Place B&B
Ranked #6 of 40 Homer B&B and Inns
Venice, CA
“Charming place. Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were thrilled to stay at Paula's place. My sister and I traveled through Alaska for the week. This was our last stop. We had the whole downstairs of the house - we each had our own room, and the beds were comfy. The house is decorate tastefully Paula was delightful. She made a delicious (and enormous) breakfast that we thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughters and I had a great 3 night stay with Paula. Breakfasts were the best of our trip and the downstairs private guest area was perfect for us. Washer and dryer, private bedrooms, big living area. Very clean and comfortable. Paula was an excellent host. Great way to spend my wife's birthday!

Stayed May 2014
Xenia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Although there are dozens of places in Homer with amazing views, I doubt many can compare to the service that Paula provides. The home cooked breakfasts are amazing, and she is more than willing to cater to any dietary needs. The living space is quite large, and the sheets on the bed are incredibly soft. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if we come back to Homer!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Goodchees
Ravenna, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We've stayed at at least 2 dozen B&B in Alaska over the last few years and Paula's in a class of it's own. She makes you feel like part of the family. With her excellent breakfasts, always something different and unexpected. The helpfull advice of what to do and see, and insight on the different options you will have is a real plus. The downstairs suite is very relaxing, with everything you need after a long day.
The only down side is that you get spoiled with the extra attention to detail she puts into running her "place".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nebguy
Willow, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here two nights in August and had a wonderful stay even if we didn't have time for a sit down breakfast. Paula was such a gracious host that she even prepared a "to go" breakfast. The location is within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The rooms are cozy and immaculate. If we need a two bedroom in Homer again, we will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Since I have only one group at a time, I am glad I am able to accommodate breakfast to my guests' schedule. They have come to Alaska and Homer to enjoy what it has to offer and shouldn't have to change their schedule for my convenience.
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We spent one night at Paula's and it was a wonderful stop on our vacation. We had everything we could possibly need in our suite downstairs. So much room and everything so comfortable. Paula was so friendly and so accommodating. The breakfast was to die for. We had fresh peaches and granola, then an egg casserole with hash browns and toast. We enjoyed talking to Paula so much. We were already a little tired from the first days of our vacation and we had a great night's sleep that night. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
My chief goal in operating Paula's Place B&B is to make certain my guests can be comfortable in their suite in the evening and enjoy a good breakfast in the morning.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

All the reviews of Paula's Place are spot on. The B&B is roomy and clean and is within walking distance to some of the art galleries and shops. Like others said, you have the whole ground floor to yourselves which includes 2 spacious rooms a bathroom and living/tv area - the rooms, space and privacy are a welcome break during long tight travels. What made it the most memorable was/is Paula. What a warm, friendly and welcoming person. She serves a wonderful warm breakfast cooked all homemade and joins you at the table. She happily allow my mom and I to join her on a rainy hike with her quiet corgi then invited us to join her and her family in a homemade dinner.

What a welcome stop this was and it really stood out to me as one of the best ever. (I now regret many previous excellent ratings - they don't hold up to this).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
pauril, Owner at Paula's Place B&B, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
I consider my guests as my surrogate families and with only taking one group at a time in my B&B suite I am able to thoroughly enjoy their visits.