“Great experience!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a great horseback ride across the tidal flats on the mouth of Kachemak Bay. Views are amazing, and we saw several huge eagles. I don't ride often and did just fine. Highly recommend!

Visited September 2013

Austin, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best excursion in the kenai peninsula”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

This trip was the perfect way to enjoy connecting to the land around Homer and have a quirky fun experience to remember. Mark, your guide and cowboy is quite a character and at the same time very watchful and experienced dealing with tourists horses and the area. I highly recommend the trip but will warn you that we spent 6 hours out and it is a long excursion if you haven't ridden much. My butt is still sore!

Visited August 2013
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not miss this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Mark. The owner,wrangler,historian but best of all friend and castmember of Alaska the last frontier. The ride to end of Kachemack bay just SPECTACULAR.

Do not miss this. Great bargain

Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Outdoor Experience on Kenai Peninsula!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Recently back from a trip to Homer, Alaska. Highly recommend spending the day with Mark and his horses. You will see eagles and other wildlife, cross tidal flats and streams, and view bay, mountains, glaciers not to mention wildflowers. This is a trip that satisfies experienced riders and novices alike. My advice for adults (and I ride frequently at home!) take some advil before and after and plan on a hot tub post ride! The experience is very affordable - and when I suggested to Mark that he should raise his prices his reply was, "I know but I want to keep it affordable for families so they can have this experience". So tip the cowboy and his hands - you won't get a more personal, up close Alaskan experience.

Other suggestions - pack water, lunch and bug dope as depending on weather and wind, parts of the ride can get a bit buggy.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank FiveStarService
Groveland, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic and awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We were recently in Homer (early June 2013) and after reading all the reviews here on trip advisor we were really looking forward to going on this trail ride!!! It did NOT disappoint!!! My husband and I HIGHLY recommend going on this adventure while in Homer! We have been on other trail rides but nothing compares to this! It was suppose to be a 4 hour ride but turned out to be closer to 6 hours! It was so relaxing not to mention all the beautiful scenery! Our guide, Mark the cowboy was great! He lives the true Alaskan cowboy life! He spent so much time making sure he talked to all who was on the ride....telling so many of his stories of living in the rugged Alaskan wilderness. He is a TRUE Alaskan cowboy!!! The charge for this trail ride was extremely reasonable and definately well worth it! We crossed so many streams and a few rivers and saw wildlife! We could not have been more pleased with this ride!!! Go see Mark while in Homer...I promise you will not regret it! The only thing I might add is that we did not bring any sack lunch with us or drink. There was a stopping point about half way through where everyone got off the horses and took a break and everyone had a snack with them. Its a good idea to bring a snack with you for this ride. Other than that....just enjoy!!!!!

Visited June 2013