Homer Inn & Spa
US$221
US$215
Ocean Shores(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$192
Land's End Resort(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$188
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscouples massageseaside villaside by sidecomplimentary winehot tubdeep tissue massagesound machineessential oilsartistic decorexpansive deckwonderful massageparting gifthomemade blueberryoff the beaten pathgreat sceneryfabulous staycomfortable accommodations
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Heavenly experience. On a recent trip to Homer, I tweaked my back and could hardly walk upright. After a few days with not much improvement, I decided to try the Day Spa. Rita set up the appointment for me and I was able to see her the next morning. First the sea stone foot tub (and a nice talk with Rita about "life"), then a Swedish massage that rubbed all the hurt out of my muscles. Without words, Rita knew exactly where my back needed most attention. I felt renewed after the massage, and would recommend Rita to friends and anyone looking for professional massage therapy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bluecarTalkeetna
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Homer was the last stop on our two week Alaskan journey. We planned on staying in Homer for one night. My wife and I live by TripAdvisor when we travel, so I was (momentarily) disappointed when I called the #1 and #2 places to stay in Homer (under specialty lodging...we don't like the run-of-the-mill chain places) only to find out that they were booked. When I called #3, Homer Inn & Spa, I was delighted to hear that they had one room - the High Tide room - available for us.

I can't really say anything other than how lucky we were to have been able to find this beautiful, amazing, and gorgeous piece of heaven in Homer, Alaska. This little inn is off the beaten path and in the middle of a beautifully quiet residential area of Homer. Upon walking into the lobby, this place felt like home away from home. The scents, the music, the quiet...it caused INSTANT relaxation. We checked in a bit late, and the innkeepers had told me that they would set it aside at the checkin desk which they had done. Walking into our room, we just gasped. It was breathtaking. The view - oh my gosh - the view. I must have taken about 100 photos of the view out of our room alone. The artsy decorations, the king size bed (a rarity in Alaska, I came to find out), the lack of live TV (the inn has TV's in the rooms, but no TV channels...only DVDs - and, really, who would need TV in a place like this anyway?), and the wine glasses so beautifully placed on our bed upon our arrival were all perfect touches to what we knew was going to be a fantastic evening.

We went down to get some complimentary wine in the lobby, which was wonderful. We strolled around the grounds with our wine in hand and sat on the swinging bench overlooking Kachemak Bay and watched the setting midnight sun illuminate the Chigmit Mountains as it set in a blaze of glory. The waves were gently lapping on the shoreline below and we watched sea otters play in the water and eagles soar by. There is a hot tub right on the edge of the cliff (we didn't use it, unfortunately) and a fire pit on the grounds which would have been a really neat touch to an already perfect evening. Unfortunately, we had to get inside to plan out our day in Homer!

Thanks to a book about Alaskan boats that the innkeepers placed in our room, we immediately knew what we were going to do tomorrow. The innkeepers had handwritten in this book about how wonderful it was to visit this "artsy" place called Halbut Cove via the Danny J boat. I will review this tour separately, but let me just say that I would never have known about this INCREDIBLE opportunity had we not noticed the handwritten note in the book that the innkeepers had written. Using the [complimentary] blazing fast wifi, we were able to make reservations for everything we wanted to do the next day while in Homer.

Out of two weeks in Alaska, our greatest memory is our time in Homer, our stay at Homer Inn & Spa, and the tour to Halibut Cove on the Danny J. Great meals were had at Captain Patties Fish House and The Homestead. Check them out!

Our original plan was to stay in Homer one night, and then drive halfway to Anchorage the next day in order to have a shorter drive the following day as we had a mid-afternoon flight to catch out of Anchorage. But we decided that evening that we would rather stay at the Homer Inn & Spa one more night than make the drive halfway to Anchorage. We just couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay one more night in paradise.

My ONLY regret about this inn was not being able to use the spa services. Both my wife and I would have loved to have done that...but we just didn't have enough time. If you are traveling to Homer, you absolutely must consider the Homer Inn & Spa. It is seriously one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed. Who knew I would find such a place in Homer, Alaska?

Room Tip: I did not see the other rooms; however, I highly recommend the High Tide Room
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed in the Glacier View room with a spectacular view of the bay, snow capped mountains and of course a soaring eagle or two. I've just returned from a most magnificent couples massage facilitated by Rhema and Akcinia. We literally floated out of the room and are now soaking in the sun on our private deck. Absolute paradise.

Room Tip: Glacier View room offered a nice romantic ambiance.
Reviewed 30 May 2013

A totally unexpected oceanside gem. We had a couples massage package with Akcinia and Rhema from the day spa, and then stumbled back to our private sunny balcony and baked in the deck chairs. A rarity in Alaska. The sound of the ocean and the stunning mountain views round out a completely relaxing experience.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a better view and are more private.
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed two nights in the oceanside room upstairs with our own balcony. I loved the creative decorating and use of rope around the doors, and waves done in plaster on the walls in the hall! I even tried to convince my husband to copy their floor in the lobby! The staff were extremely friendly and the massages were amazing! Very clean and close to homer and a short walk to the spit. Great location and plan on returning!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple