“Wonderful accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Ship Captain's View
Ranked #20 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Homer
Ballston Spa
“Wonderful accomodations”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Ship Captain's View the first week of September. I searched on Trip Advisor when looking for lodging and found the Ship Captain's View. The reviews were great and we went with that. We are thrilled we did so as this lodging is convenient, well kept and gives you a wonderful view. Richard was wonderful. He was there if we needed anything but never imposed on our privacy. We would recommend this lodging wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Richard has two units, top and bottom. They can be individually rented or as a whole which would be...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Santa Clara, California, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My family and I had a great time at Ship Captain's View Cabins at Homer. When the sky clears, you get the great view of the bay and mountains. Moon over the ocean and its reflections were amazing. You want to stay up all night to watch the moon. The cabins are very cozy, and you have great view of the ocean through the large bay windows. Believe me, you would never want to leave.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 November 2012

My fiance and I stayed in this house back in June and we absolutely loved it! We stayed on the lower floor, and still felt very secluded. The tenant is very kind, and makes sure that your stay is a positive one! We cannot wait to visit Homer again and stay here! The views are amazing! You can gaze out the window into the bay and look at the mountains across the way! This place felt very homey!! I absolutely recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emzer711
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My wife and I pulled into the Ship Captain's View one evening on our honeymoon while heading into Homer this summer. We were greeted by Richard, the owner and saw right away that he was friendly, helpful and all around a good egg.

Richard put us up for the night in one of the most lovely guest cabins we've ever stayed in and was attentive to any needs we might have (we didn't have any, but he was eager to help if need be). The view was simply astounding--the cabin sits atop a sloping hill covered in wildflowers above the bay with a view of the water, mountains, volcanoes, fishing boats and a great sunset. It was wonderful. And then came the best part--our invoice--this place is VERY affordable, especially for how fantastic it is, and I couldn't believe how little we paid for such a great view, great service and clean, comfortable, quality accommodations.

I would recommend this place to ANYONE and when we go back to Alaska and drive down to Homer, we will not pass up the chance to visit Richard and stay at the Ship Captain's View again. Thanks Richard.

-Logan and Vanessa

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank logan g
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is a wonderful place! We stayed in the lower unit for two nights. It was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen had all the utensils we needed to cook the fish we caught. The view is spectacular. We watched eagles out our window and enjoyed using the telescope to watch boats in the bay. The onsite host is very nice and helpful. We wish we could have stayed much longer!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura T
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stumbled onto this beautiful cabin last year when our family came to visit us from ND. We all had an amazing experience, and recently returned for another stay over the Memorial weekend 5/25-5/28/ "2012". This cabin is so clean, quiet, and truly spectacular with amazing views. The owners keep it fully equipped with king sized beds that are so comfy, I can't even compare the rested feeling I got with my own bed at home. This time we slept in the upstairs loft. When I woke up in the morning, I could stare straight out into the beautiful Kachemak Bay surrounded by a full mountain range "breath taking" ! I got up, made my coffee, than went outside to walk around the deck facing the ocean. The owners have chairs set up outside for the guests to take it all in. I could go on and on .......... THIS IS DEFINITELY that one place you will continue to come back to. I give the cabin at the Ship Captain's View in Homer ( ***** ) 5 STARS ! Thanks Richard, we look forward to another wonderful stay with you guys !!!

Room Tip: Stay in the UPPER Cabin !
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family