“Great Little Place”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Boardwalk Bakery is located on the world famous Homer Spit on the Bear Country Boardwalk. Come in and enjoy baked goods made fresh every day. Grab breakfast and a boxed lunch as early as 5am to take out on your fishing trip or other excursion; or come in for coffee and one of the best cinnamon rolls you'll ever eat. Our gourmet sandwiches are made on our delicious focaccia bread. Special order cakes, cheesecakes and pies are also available. Open every day from May 1 until Labor Day. We can't wait to see you there!!
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

A great surprise. There are a lot of placed on the "Spit" to eat but glad we stopped at this place. Good homemade food with very nice people.

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for the very nice review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience at Boardwalk Bakery. We try so hard to make certain our guests have the very best in homemade food and excellent customer service. Please visit us again on your next trip to Homer.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you are going fishing, or just hitting the road, this is a great place to have breakfast and pick up a box lunch. They open at 5:30 and take orders in advance. (Ordering ahead may is the only way to be sure to get a kolache. They sell out early.)

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Boardwalk Bakery. We are happy that you liked your experience here. Actually we open each day at 5am to provide lunch and breakfast for those going out for an early fishing trip or other excursion. We take great pride in the quality of food and exceptional customer service that we offer. Please come see us again the next time you are in Homer.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a good place to have a breakfast burrito or kolache, or to pick up a sandwich for lunch on the water. I was disappointed that they didn't have a better selection of pastries - cinnamon rolls are about all I can remember seeing in the pastry case. Basically, I would call it fine, but not special.

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you did not find the selection to be large enough for you. But you obviously missed the 15 other baked delights that we have other than the 2 types of cinnamon rolls. You may have noticed that our shop is very small and that there are only the 2 of us sisters. We do all that we can with the space and time that we have. Thank you for visiting our fabulous little bakery.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We ate a turkey sandwich with homemade bread for lunch it was excellent. Lynn carried his on his fishing trip and I ate mine in the motel. I was going to shop when He went fishing but I broke my arm 2 weeks before vac. and I was afraid I might twist my ankle and fall, so I just stayed in motel and watch TV. When he got back from fishing I ask him about his sandwich. He said it was very good and I agreed. We went back for breakfast and it was very good too. Homemade biscuits, made a good sandwich. I also got a pecan bar that was very good. If ever there again we will be back. Affordable and two nice ladies working there.

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your very nice review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visits to our little bakery. We work hard to provide our customers with good homemade food and love it when our customers appreciate the effort. We hope you had fun in Homer, despite your unfortunate broken arm. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Homer.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Two sisters from Moore, Oklahoma, Jackie and Kathy, own the best bakery on Homer Spit. From the reindeer sausage kolache rolls to gigantic cinnamon rolls to mouthwatering eclairs to excellent cookies [especially the little ginger snaps that help with seasickness], prepared to your order if you like. Lunch boxes for fishing or traveling, made to order. Served with a smile, and love is an ingredient in all. DON'T miss this!

jj8117, Owner at Boardwalk Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you so much for your nice review. It is great that recognize all of the love we put into our business. Thank you for stopping in at Boardwalk Bakery. We hope to see you on your next trip to Homer.