“Weekend getaway”

Kenai Peninsula Suites
Ranked #1 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Homer
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place this was the class cleanest place we have ever stayed. Beds were great I've had 5 back surgeries and didn't wake up sore. . the view is amazing you need to see it love having at kitchen or cold has CF and needed to keep her meds cold staff was great you really do feel like your staying at your rich uncle's house is that great and you can spend hours on the beach picking up shells

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Anchorage
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Ok, actually, its the only 'cave' I've ever stayed in, so I should amend that to a general, 'coolest place' rating. No, really, it is awesome.
The view, the location, the price, the privacy, the ambiance, the service. All top notch. It was extremely relaxing to sit out on my private little patio, reading a book in the sun with my little dog.
The photos they have of the room on their website are true to life, which was surprising, because nothing is ever as good as it looks in pictures. I was worried about the room being dark, since it is underground, but it was very pleasantly lit because the whole front wall is windows. The room felt very spacious for 2 people, the couch was very comfortable for watching the satellite tv's many channels and the kitchen, while basic, had everything we needed to make a nice bbq dinner out on the grill. The king bed was comfortable and the showerhead was high enough and had good pressure.
My only slight gripe was the floor paint/stain is progressively flaking off, so little bits of it will end up on your socks or feet and then possibly in the bed with you, but it wasnt a big deal. And, you won't have much for cell signal at all while underground, but that can be a plus for a real get away feel. Also, be aware that sound carries quite well from your unit to the stairs/entryway of both units, but otherwise, the unit itself is quite soundproof.
I don't know if I will ever get to stay here again, but I had a great time, and Jen was a wonderful and considerate host. You will enjoy yourselves!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KenaiPeninsulaSuites, Manager at Kenai Peninsula Suites, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy you had a great time! I'm very sorry that the stain on the concrete floors was peeling up. We have since stripped all of the old stain off the floors in the Dens and restained them. The process was extensive and should hold up much better! I really appreciate your feedback!

We hope to see you again soon,
Jen
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have stayed at each one of the different properties at this location. The craftsmanship inside is amazing. The proprietors have really outdone themselves. All handmade wood items in the properties. Tables, counter tops, headboards, railings. Slate tiling in the bathrooms. Just gorgeous. The decks and the view is amazing. Standing on the bluff, the eagles hover right in front of you all day long. There is a fire pit that accommodates nearly a dozen people. An outdoor hot tub let's you relax and watch as eagles hover overhead.

The Eagles Nest offers the best overall view. The two underground units are next with the front opening right out on the bluff. And it's very quiet. The owners have done an outstanding job and they take excellent pride in their property. Don't take a chance on an unknown. You won't regret staying here.

Room Tip: The Puffin have the bedrooms downstairs, but the bathroom is upstairs. The Eagles Nest requires stai...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

my family of three stayed at the Otter house and was so amazed with the beauty of the cabin. I come from Interior of Alaska and seeing how this place was built, just blew us away. It was so homey, and warm when we got there from a very stressful drive from Anchorage. We were there for my oldest son's wedding and we loved the place so much, we couldn't wait to go back each evening and just relax. If I ever get to move back to my own village, this is the kind of cabin I want. thank you Jen for everything.

Room Tip: if you want a real Alaskan experience, stay here, its beautiful.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My family of four stayed in the Bear Den. It was amazing! It is underground and the wood work is stunning. This is a place like no other. We have stayed in many places in Homer but this was by far the best and I plan on returning. There was a King bed and then a pull out sofa. The kitchen was great and there was also a grill outside. DEFINITELY will be going back during summer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I would definetely recommend the Kenai Peninsula Suites! There are absolutely beautiful views in all directions, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the cabins are great! If you're looking for a true Alaskan experience and you're wanting to get your money's worth, this is the place to go, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My wife and I visited Homer in December. We're from Florida, so even the locals thought our timing was a bit odd - but it simply couldn't have been better. When we checked into the beautiful Bear's Den it was cold out side but no snow had fallen, but later that day the snow started and didn't stop until we left a few days later. From those big windows we watched the snow pile up while we remained cozy and warm inside.

The design and construction of the subterranean dens is unique and really warrants a stay. The inn is very small and the service is as warm and personal as you would expect. Really an outstanding vacation made very special by this lovely little gem!

Room Tip: The subterranean rooms (Bear's Den and Wolf's Den) are unique and worth a stay.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple