“Wish we could have stayed longer.”

Kenai Peninsula Suites
Ranked #1 of 30 Speciality Lodging in Homer
Reviewed 23 May 2014

These are a unique property that has everything you need. We stayed in tn the Bears Den. It was a super unique place overlooking the Katchemak Bay. So special inside with super special touches. It was amazingly clean. We enjoyed the hot tub overlooking the bay and really enjoyed cooking breakfast on the grill each morning. Very peaceful place. Only about 5-7 minutes to the spit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We took advantage of a Groupon to try out this adorable, creative space and completely loved it. The artisty and craftmanship alone are worth seeing, but the experience is all the more compelling because of the quiet, the view, and the little touches that make it comfortable. So close to town but out of the Homer bustle. Right on the Sterling highway but no road noise. Did I mention the view? I think even in the inevitable rain, the perch on the bluff would be breathtaking. Gas grill to cook in if you wish, everything you need to be well fed and well rested. We did not try the hot tub or fire ring but they look lovely. The other cabins look terrific, but I do wonder about road noise since they are above ground. Do stay here if you can! Only tiny flaw: full size frig noisy at night, but you can easily unplug for sleep time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We've stayed here several times since the property was only about 6 months old.
Bear Den, Otter, and most recently Puffin. We don't have a favorite as each cabin has it's own charm.
The grounds are wonderfully kept with a great fire pit, relaxing hot tub and of course a million dollar view.
The fact that we keep coming back is really all you need to know. We've recommended it to 6 different friends, 4 of which have now stayed here. The other 2 plan to join us next time we go to Homer.

Room Tip: Eagle's Nest has the best view from it's balcony, but the Bear and Wolf den have the best pa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway together to Homer. We found this place on groupon and thought the pictures looked amazing.

Let me tell you the place is even prettier than the pictures! It was so quiet, everything was so clean and fresh. We sat on the hot tub one afternoon and looked out into the ocean. The town is not too far, so we'd go and get some groceries and they even have a grill for you to cook on! I love the underground rooms, we stayed in the bears den and it opened up into the bay of the ocean. I raved about it to my family & friends and we will be going back! Hopefully in the summer so we can utilize the awesome fire pit!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have stayed in places all across Alaska from Denali, Seward, Valdez, Cooper Landing... some of the best known places in the state.... Princess Resorts etc. Kenai Peninsula Suites is the BEST place to stay in the state by FARRRRRRR!!! Location is the BEST! Rooms are the BEST... cleanest model home looking bathrooms. I am also in the military and have traveled to Europe... Asia... all across the US and its hard for me to think of a place better than this to stay. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! From a Weekend get away with the wife and staying in the smaller cabins to bringing the whole family and in-laws and staying in the puffin it is amazing. Outdoor hot tub and burn pit top it all off... Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: If you have a family then stay in the Puffin... AMAZING... but you cant go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place this was the class cleanest place we have ever stayed. Beds were great I've had 5 back surgeries and didn't wake up sore. . the view is amazing you need to see it love having at kitchen or cold has CF and needed to keep her meds cold staff was great you really do feel like your staying at your rich uncle's house is that great and you can spend hours on the beach picking up shells

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Ok, actually, its the only 'cave' I've ever stayed in, so I should amend that to a general, 'coolest place' rating. No, really, it is awesome.
The view, the location, the price, the privacy, the ambiance, the service. All top notch. It was extremely relaxing to sit out on my private little patio, reading a book in the sun with my little dog.
The photos they have of the room on their website are true to life, which was surprising, because nothing is ever as good as it looks in pictures. I was worried about the room being dark, since it is underground, but it was very pleasantly lit because the whole front wall is windows. The room felt very spacious for 2 people, the couch was very comfortable for watching the satellite tv's many channels and the kitchen, while basic, had everything we needed to make a nice bbq dinner out on the grill. The king bed was comfortable and the showerhead was high enough and had good pressure.
My only slight gripe was the floor paint/stain is progressively flaking off, so little bits of it will end up on your socks or feet and then possibly in the bed with you, but it wasnt a big deal. And, you won't have much for cell signal at all while underground, but that can be a plus for a real get away feel. Also, be aware that sound carries quite well from your unit to the stairs/entryway of both units, but otherwise, the unit itself is quite soundproof.
I don't know if I will ever get to stay here again, but I had a great time, and Jen was a wonderful and considerate host. You will enjoy yourselves!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
KenaiPeninsulaSuites, Manager at Kenai Peninsula Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy you had a great time! I'm very sorry that the stain on the concrete floors was peeling up. We have since stripped all of the old stain off the floors in the Dens and restained them. The process was extensive and should hold up much better! I really appreciate your feedback!

We hope to see you again soon,
Jen