“Alaska at its best”

Kenai Peninsula Suites
Ranked #1 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Homer
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Kenai Peninsula Suites in Homer Ak. My cabin was "The Fireweed" and all I can say is it is a 5 star cabin. My daughter was recently married on the prosperity, so, other cabins were rented as well. Every cabin was exquisitely crafted and stocked with a full kitchen. My daughter and son-in -law stayed in the "Subterranean" suite with a view to die for. They had stayed there before and fell in love with it.
All the cabins were built by the owner who is a Master Carpenter and the craftsmanship and love of his work is reflected in every detail.
It is in a great location....about 2 miles from halibut and salmon fishing. I just can't say enough about this beautiful place. The prices were comparable to other cabins and hotels in the area but you get so much more for the money. If you decide to try this place you will get a spotless cabin, great service, even greater beauty, and you are close to restaurants and bars.
I highly recommend it. When I return I will definitely stay there in the "The Fireweed Cabin"

Room Tip: This hotel provides cabins for multiple family members, couples, fisherman and it is "Dog frien...
There are newer reviews for Kenai Peninsula Suites

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We looked at a lot of places in Homer before selecting this place. It is beyond words to describe because of all the things this place offers. We stayed in the Otter and what a nice place. It has its own parking area and what a view. We really regretted we could only stay one night. The hosts are great and very helpful to find things in Homer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

There are simply not enough positive words in the dictionary to describe the cabins, the view, location and accommodations. My husband and I stayed in the Otter cabin. It is perfect for two people and set up well if you are the type to stay in and fix your own meals. Simply outstanding in every aspect!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed in the Wolf's Den with our family of four last week. The underground "den" is amazing. With a circular staircase, gorgeous wood furniture, spacious, full size kitchen, full bathroom, and open feeling, we didn't want to leave. The view was so gorgeous that we chose to go to the grocery store and pick up dinner and breakfast for the next morning so we could eat there and appreciate the view rather than navigate the traffic and crowds of the Homer Spit. This hotel made our stay and we would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Wolf's den was spectacular. Highly recommend.
2  Thank Travel_with_the_kids
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at the Kenai Peninsula Suites for 3 days in July 2014. This place made our trip to Homer even better. We stayed in their log yurt, the Puffin, for 2 nights and the Otter the last night. Both places are beautiful, clean and newer and have a great view of the ocean! Both places, especially the yurt, which has 2 levels, were a place we wanted to hang out. We used the hot tub nightly and it was very clean. It was very quiet at night. We used the fire pit two nights and it was appreciated that wood is provided. It is just a short drive from the businesses, beaches, Museums and the Homer Spit. The Homestead trail is just down the road if you want to hike. I highly recommend Kenai Peninsula Suites and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms would be amazing, just depends how many people you have. The yurt and the subteranean...
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I visited Alaska, for the first time, the last week in May. We also spent four days in Anchorage and three days in Seward. While all of our experiences were amazing, the three days two nights we spent in Homer were the best! I booked all the accommodations and did not tell my husband where we were staying until we arrived. He was completely surprised and loved the Kenai Peninsula Suites. We stayed in the Wolf's Den, which overlooked the water. I don't want to repeat all the other positive comments that appear on Trip Advisor, except to say that they are quite accurate and truthful. It was such a comfortable and relaxing room and location with the most awesome view. It was hard to make my husband leave the room. We went to the Bear Creek Winery, also highly recommended, and purchased local wine and sat outside soaking in the scenery. Sleeping was so quiet and peaceful. We also watched a moose cross the street near the entrance of Kenai Peninsula Suites and wander around. Again, our best stay in Alaksa!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were very happy to have found this spot. The views were spectacular any time of the day, the lodging was unique and comfortable, the owner very friendly and hospitable and we would definitely stay here again. We loved being away from the hub bub of the Homer Spit and being able to come back to this paradise just a few minutes away. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple