“If you like Mexican...”

Don Jose's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #35 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 August 2013

If you really like Mexican this may work for you. Our service was great, but we were there mid afternoon. We are not big fans of Mexican food but we had just come into town and were in a hurry to eat.

1  Thank P H

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We waited for 10 minutes and the waitress did not even give the water. Later, she came to us and asked us to place the order. We asked some water first. She said that she was very busy and did not come back. This is the first time that we see such a rude waitress...We directly left this restaurant and do not recommend this restaurant to anybody.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

It took 10 minutes after we were seated for the waitress to come over, we were thinking it was one of the busy waitresses, but it was actually the lady who was just standing around doing absolutely nothing. She took our drink order, we told her we were also ready to order food and she said she would be back for that. 8 minutes later our friends got their margaritas, we still had not received our water. She didn't even notice, we had to ask about it, and then she said something about forgetting about the free drinks. We had been out on a boat all day and were trying to rehydrate. We made our orders, my husband had questions and the information she told us was all wrong when he got his food. It took 45 minutes to get our food. During which time the chips & salsa and our drinks were never refilled. My husband got up and walked over to get the water pitcher as it was a good 15 minutes since our cups had been empty. She was at the little register just standing and he asked if it was okay to get the water as we had been out of water for quite a while. she said yes. You would have thought she would have apologized and refilled our drinks herself, but she did not. He also ended up walking up and getting us chips & salsa and another waitress apologized to him and said she was sorry we got the crappy waitress. 3 out of 4 orders were wrong, when she was putting my husbands plate down he quoted what she had told him about his plate and she said, "it's my first day, I guess I was wrong". I really don't think it was her first day I think she was just lazy. She never came back to check on us so we just ate the wrong orders. The enchiladas tasted horrible, the sauce was disgusting!!! My husband ended up with flautas (not ordered) which were cold and burnt. We had to ask another waitress to find our waitress to get our check. She came over put the check on the table and walked off. We had to again ask someone to find our waitress to pay, she came over got our credit card and walked off (not to the register). She was gone for at least 10 minutes. She finally came back sat it down and walked off. We were so disappointed! Horrible food and service!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Poorest service and most terrible food I have ever had eating out. We waited 20 minutes to be acknowledged after being seated.....another 15 for chips and sales and to be able to order and then when our food came 20 minutes later not one of us liked our meal

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Their food quality seems to be deteriorating over the years. But about 1 in 5 times I order something that I think is really, truly, delicious. I go to this place a few times a year as a good meet up with my girl friends for a cocktail or 2 and some food. The drinks are good, they really do know their way around a margarita. And their chips & Salsa are almost always impeccable just with the menu I've found the quality to be a little hit and miss.