“A GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Review of Seaside Farm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homer
Seaside Farm
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Lucerne, Switzerland
“A GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

In spring I had a wonderful stay in the main house on Seaside Farm,Homer. The view from Mossys property to the glaciers and mountains over the bay is breathtaking and over a path you have access to the never ending beach.
During my stay in the main house I enjoyed to meet other travelers from all over the world. In the big community kitchen you can find everything you need for cooking and the hole community area was always clean and tidy. There's also a small and old bathroom, but it was very cute and clean. In my room I had lots of space and towels as well as washrags were provided. For one night I stayed in the Seashell cabin, which is situated above the beach with a incredible view over Kackemak bay. It's an unforgettable adventure to spend a night in a simple cabin with a wood stove, lovingly decorated, in the middle of Alaskas beautiful nature, without any noise caused by humans.

Mossys Seaside Farm is a perfect spot for a great Alaskan experience. I really enjoyed to have the animals around, observe them enjoying the nature and see they love their live on Mossys Farm.

I'll definitly be back on this very special place and pick some organic raspberries from Mossys patch ;-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sSchweiz

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I come back to seaside every year for a reason. its a beautiful, fun, friendly hostel with the most spectacular views. The staff are always friendly, cheery and helpful. The rustic main house is a great taste of alaska while being warm and comfortable all times of the year! the pavilion and bon fire pit are absolutely adorable and we have many fond memories around the campfire. The view is UNBEATABLE! with full access to one of alaska's fines beaches, beautiful rolling fields and fantastic forests, the trails are easy to follow, the signs adorable and overall this is really just a fantastic place. The cabins are clean and rustic, with comfortable accommodations, and breathtaking views. the camping field is flat and even with soft grass to add comfort! if you want to enjoy alaska and get a taste of the real alaska experience i strongly strongly encourage you to come to seaside. Its one of those " must see before you die" kind of places.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Florence A
Zürich, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Seaside Farm is a wonderful place to stay. It is magic.... and people are just great and very friendly. The facilities were simple, but clean. This is not an usual touristy place, it is an alaskan experience - a good and unique one. I can surely recommend this place. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lara C
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was so excited to get to this place for 3 days during our vacation. We were very happy with our cabin, with the beautiful views on the farm, the pathway to the ocean and the people were great. Unfortunately, the common showers, bathroom and kitchen in the main lodge were very unsanitary. I didn't want to step foot in the bathroom and there was no way I was going to have a shower. The kitchen was bearable but there was a sign saying no cooking fish, we had been halibut fishing and this is all we had planned on eating. If these common areas had been clean, we would have thoroughly enjoyed this place.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank VoyageurPourToujours
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Seaside Farm for 3 weeks of our Alaskan holiday. With it's breathtaking views of the glaciers, the sounds of the Golden Crown Sparrow and other native birds, sightings and footprints of native Alaskan creatures on the beach, close access to halibut fishing and just watching the amazing fog consume the Bay. We met the most interesting worldwide travellers there (with whom we're still in contact) and have made lifelong friends with Mossy and Connie. Of all the places we've travelled in the world "Seaside Farm" is our second home and we'll be back.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of the glaciers.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Joji57
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I will never forget my first stay at Seaside Farms in early May, 2011. A scene of breathtaking 7,000-foot-high mountains and glaciers bordering Kachemak Bay was our constant companion, right outside our window. Our accommodations in the farmhouse were warm, cozy and offered all our creature comforts. We loved frying up Seaside Farm organic eggs for breakfast. But we never spent too much time inside because the view constantly drew us outside. We would wind our way on paths through cow parsnip, elderberry and alders down to the beach, the wild habitat providing cover and forage for our Seaside neighbors -- a juvenile moose, arctic hares, songbirds returning to their nesting grounds, sassy stellar jays. At low tide you could walk for miles and have it all to yourself, viewing scoters, harlequin ducks and a moose if lucky. I enjoyed spring so much that I came back in September and stayed at the Hide-a-Way cabin, perched hidden over the beach. With just a wood stove for warmth and some minor cooking, it was magical and even inspired a song. Staying at Seaside Farm makes you feel like an Alaskan resident instead of a tourist. And if you are fortunate to come in fall, you will have the chance to pick and eat the best raspberries you've ever tasted. Best of all, a native Alaskan is your hostess. If you need to know anything about the flora, fauna or history of the area, there is no better source. Can't wait to go back!

In this day of techno-sterile

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms in the farmhouse have great views and could each accommodate a small family. The Sea...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lucinda888
Virginia
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My lovely bride and I stayed in one of the seaside cabins on our honeymoon in 2009. The only thing promised over the phone was no electricity but a great view. The bed, cabin and outhouse all had a definite list but we loved it. We watched rafts of sea otters floating by at all times. We even witnessed an eagle and a porcupine fighting in a nearby tree. Experience of a life time.

Room Tip: Pick the cabin with no electricity. Hostel didn't look too inviting unless you are on a very ti...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple