“Really wanted to give it a great review”
Review of Seaside Farm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homer
Seaside Farm
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Seaside is an experience. Some good, some not so good. The view is amazing. No argument, it is incredibly beautiful. I am ok with $75.00 a night for a cabin with no facilities, but at least provide a clear path to the out house and clean it. I would agree with some of the other reviewers. If you are going to run a place of lodging, at the very least, have someone available to say hello. The summer staff had started just hours before we did and no fault of theirs, they didn't have a lot of information when we got there as to what we could and could not do, and just the basics you may expect in an area frequented by travelers.
If you want to experience laid back to the extreme, this may be your place, but there are lots of beautiful places to stay near Homer that may feel more welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seaside Farm

Reviewed 3 October 2009

Well we never laid eyes on the owner only followed all the signs that were plastered all over the place--foyer, kitchen, bathroom, living room, outside. I kept thinking if I was going to make all these signs at least laminate them so they look professional and not all drippy and torn but I guess that's just the teacher in me. The house was from the 70's and just did not feel clean at all. In fact in our room I found some old kids underwear stuffed in a cabinet. I will say for the price the room was very spacious. My friend and my toddler were staying there but there was only 1 extra blanket and just one light blanket per bed. Did I say this is Alaska? Also there were no towels just 2 small washcloths. So skimpy was the owner that there was not even a box of tissues provided in your room. I don't know if this was a hostel or farm or what but I think I would have preferred a room in town. Even the horses seemed miserable stuck in a small enclosure deep in the mud. I hate to sound like I am complaining but I guess I expected something different, like to even meet the owner and have some one ask our needs. At the hostel we stayed in Seward at least there were hosts to tend to our needs and they provided towels, blankets, and books. Totally ridiculous, the owner just cared that you put your money in the box and that is it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank treasureAK
Reviewed 4 September 2008

I selected "The Swallow House", a rural countryside cabin with an inspirational view of Kachemak Bay and the Homer "Spit". Outhouse. Kitchenette with bottled water for drinking and washing dishes. Sweet, homey interior. Clean. Quiet. Would have been happy to stay there a long time.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank RockyRippleGal
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Pros:
-Awesome setting.
-Really nice people work there.
-Farm animals abound.
-Easy walk to the shore.

Cons:
-A few miles outside of town (i.e. cannot easily walk to town)
-The cabin we stayed in was not very clean. (Kind of musty and dusty.)
-The bathroom (in the hostel) was also on the grubby side. (Made me want to pretend I hadn't seen the nice "Please remove your shoes" sign.)

In other words, it is a great place, but it's not for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank oksomtimesimpicky
Reviewed 13 June 2008

we stayed in the wildflower cabin. even though the weather was still cold, the heater kept us nice and cozy! there was a loft bed and another bed downstairs as well as a table and chairs. cute little kitchenette with a fridge and coffee maker. we had our own little outhouse in the back as well as access to the facilities in the main hostel. the main hostel didn't seem so nice and there is only 1 bathroom and shower - not the cleanest. but the property itself is lovely, make sure you walk down to the beach - we saw a bunch of adorable otters! a great romantic little cabin with some amazing views. if you're a type-a personality be forewarned, check-in is pretty laid back - we had to track down the owner to get our room made up, but she was super accommodating with our plans.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2008

Probably one of the greatest Hostels ever.

This place is Alaskan.

• Stayed: March 2004, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 July 2003

Next time we go to Homer, we are definitely staying here again. This is an eclectic place from which you can choose any type of accomodation EXCEPT a true hotel room. It is a working farm situated at the top of a ridge overlooking Homer Spit and the coast. Except for B&B rooms in the house (breakfast is your responsibility, though), there is no plumbing in the cabins or at the tent sites, though there are outhouses. Rustic cabins have awesome views as they overlook the coast. Though this is a farm, the entire property is decorated with folk art, collected things, artistic junk, old photos, etc. Our cabin was very clean and comfortable with a gas stove, kitchen (with sink and drain but no running water) and outhouse.

4  Thank Gone_Fishing_VA