“Avoid Beluga Lake Lodge!”
Review of Beluga Lake Lodge

Beluga Lake Lodge
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Indio, California
“Avoid Beluga Lake Lodge!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived in Homer with city-wide power outage. The management seemed overwhelmed. The manager gave us our room key at first, but the hallways were totally black. We eventually found our room with the aid of the manager's flashlight (the manager suddenly decided she needed to help us); at some point emergency lighting was utilized in the hallways, but went out. Then, there were candles, but at some point the black hallway could have been the cause of a disastrous fall. What was odd was the attitude of the manager, which was adversarial. The advertised view of the "lake" was nonexistent. The breakfast was inexcusably minimal because "the dining room was being remodeled." The room was overpriced regardless of Homer standard prices and not worth the money. If we had known the hotel was so bad (poor room lighting, no chair in room) we would have searched elsewhere.

Room Tip: Simply don't use this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roberta H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We asked for two bedrooms, we got two large, clean bedrooms and a huge super stocked bathroom - we loved it. Although there was no common seating area/room. We had a complimentary breakfast in their restaurant/bar. We sat out on their deck and overlooked Homer during the Solstice. We loved the resident cat and the friendly owners.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the top level ( only two levels)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place is OK for 1 night - wouldn't stay longer.
Staff are friendly enough. Room very small and run down. Breakfast minimal.
Location is convenient for both the airport and the ferry terminal.
Value OK for Alaska.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was average but pretty good for where its located. About a 4 mile drive from the hotel to where our charter was located (silver fox charters). I had a rental car so it wasn't an issue. The bar and grill were great. They have a huge deck that over looks beluga lake. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Convenient location in Homer if you're driving. A bit of a walk to the main row of cafes and shops and to their spit. Rooms were fine, clean and tidy but no coffee or tea making facilities in the room meaning a walk to reception anytime you want a cuppa. Not ideal imho, especially given the room rates. Their bar n restaurant was nice, didn't eat there but did enjoy a beer with good service and views. The feline managers, Beluga and Peaches were a fun plus for me as I miss my own fur babies at home in nz!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Everything was satisfactory during our stay, but afterwards I noticed they had double-charged me for the second night, and added a $107.50 charge for bio-cleanup. They removed the double-charge, but attempting to contact the manager about the other charge, was an ordeal. She would not return my calls. When I finally was able to reach her, she was rude, and began yelling at me over the phone, telling me that my cousin and I had been drunk during our whole stay (piling lies upon lies).

When I appealed to my credit card company, BLL produced my undated signature (it looked like it had been cut and pasted) appended to a Damage Waiver Form that I do not recall ever signing.

Beware! I don't know if they were just in temporary dire financial straits, but this motel will rob you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank bill c

Travellers are raving about these Homer hotels

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Beluga Lodge for my husband's job, we were there for almost a week and enjoyed ourselves the whole time. Homer is a small town and we were there while most of the town was closed for winter, but we didn't have to leave to eat out or have a few drinks. They have a restaurant/bar on the premises and that was great! The lodge overlooks the lake and it is beautiful. All of the employees we came in contact with her so nice and welcoming, we hated to leave, it felt like home, we are from the South and they were as close to southern hospitality as it comes!! If you are traveling to Homer, I highly suggest, you stay there!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business