“Great quiet location, perfect for families”

Driftwood Inn & Homer Seaside Lodges
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Our family of 4 for stayed for 3 nights in August. It's located on a quiet street next to Kachemuk Bay, but there are still some restaurants and shops within walking distance. The back porch has a beautiful view of the bay, could sit in the rocking chairs and read or just relax for hours. Our room had small spaces with sleeping areas (not quite rooms) but met the requirement of having 3 separate sleeping quarters: A small single bed in the back, double bed in the next room, and a sleeper sofa in the living room. The unit came with a full kitchen and in-room coffee. There is serve yourself breakfast in the lobby with an honor system ($1 for a small box of cereal). The main house has individual rooms upstairs.

This was just a perfect setup for our family for a very reasonable price (<$200 in high season), in a wonderful location. The other areas of town (Homer Spit, art galleries downtown) are quite accessible as well as a big Safeway nearby.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth C

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Six of us stayed in the cottage with beautiful views of the bay and mountains. Nice little kitchen, good for their coffee and teas, but didn't cook because of the great places to eat nearby like Olive's and Two Sisters Bakery. Nice deck and large lawn outside of patio doors. Easy to get to everything else Homer. We had a great time and would love to come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I was on a solo trip and stayed for four nights. I wanted something with character and comfort, not sterile and drab like my hotel in Anchorage. I wanted something in walking distance of good restauants and shops and the the beach. I wanted a room with light and something of a view. I wanted a place where I wouldn't feel too isolated as a solo traveller. I found the Driftwood Inn online and it looked right. It was right! The room was unpretentious and perferctly comfortable with everything I needed--light, a view, a sink, plus it was immaculate. The sink was missing a plug, but I was given one when I asked. The common areas were warm,comfortable and really welcoming. How often do you feel like sitting around in a hotel lobby? This one was that inviting, with hot drinks and snacks available and staff willing to help or just chat. You could meet fellow travellers there too. There are at least three excellent restaurants near by, and the beach is close. The Driftwood seemed to me something like an adult hostel--because of the friendly, relaxed feel of it. Unless you prefer fancier, more modern looking digs, I highly recommend the Driftwood. I can't think of one criticism (and I consider myself hard to please when it comes to accommodations). I will probably never be back in Homer, but I wish I were going to be so I could stay again at the Driftwood Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We stayed two nights in September. The room was nice, the (shared) bathroom was clean, the lobby was cozy, and the location was great. Great spot to stay before and after a fishing trip or just to visit the shops and restaurants in Homer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Our first "official" night in Alaska and we had a wonderful experience! Close to the beach, cozy cabin, it was clean, comfortable, and a great way to start our driving tour of Alaska. We stayed in one of the small cabins but it was perfect. We would definitely stay here again if we are ever lucky enough to return to Alaska.
Terry B. , Idaho

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stayed at the driftwood inn RV area. The sites were very close together and moving around in the RV area was tight. However, the staff was
extremely nice & helpful. The location was very good and the Inn itself
looked like a place we'd stay if we went back to Homer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2011

We booked room & a space for our Class A RV and boat the end of July. The RV overlooked Kachemak Bay (million $ view at a fraction of other spots) and site had full water, sewer and electricity inclusive. Wi-fi too. The Inn had wonderful amenities for the children -- fenced in play area and swing set, covered barbecue area with tables. Also had laundry and showers on site. A freezer is available for your catch of the day!! Since they are open year round -- we stayed there when other RV sites had closed for the summer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family