Driftwood Inn & Homer Seaside Lodges
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ocean Shores(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$221
US$215
US$81
Hotels.com
Land's End Resort(Homer)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$109
US$130
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrv parkeuropean stylecaptain shanewalking distancebishop's beachliving roomshared bathroomfishing chartercommon areasgreat viewfat olivesplace to staysmall roomhalibutdouble bedmain buildingprivate bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My dog and I stayed for 3 nights in one of the ship's bunk rooms. I was in Homer for work related training and my dog kept me company. The room was cosy and warm and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds EVER! We had a view of the bay, but due to the hours of my training we one really got to see it 1 day in the daylight. Everyone was really nice and helpful. I would definately return!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Perfect place for a solo traveler with a pet. The location was fabulous - practically on the beach with its hours of nature entertainment out on the flats, plus so close to the fabulous Two Sisters Bakery as well as walking distance to many Homer attractions. Price was the best I found in Homer.The common area was quaint and cozy, a great place to pick up, prepare, and eat a snack or even a small meal. This hotel represented the essence of what I consider Alaska atmosphere and hopitality, and this was my third trip to the state. You won't find the trainloads of tired, cranky, cattle car cruise ship visitors here, but rather those who go out to see and experience on their own. I loved it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in September. Our room (#24, Seaside Lodge) had a door leading directly to the back deck, and since we had the best weather of the season, we really enjoyed sitting on that deck playing Scrabble and being mesmerized by the view of the bay. The bed was comfortable and we loved the furnishings. The place was quiet, convenient and comfortable. We didn´t make use of the common area, but we met a couple of other guests who had just returned from a fishing charter and were preparing to grill their catch outdoors. Our room also had a crib and a second bed, so it would be perfect for a family traveling with young children. We would definitely love to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPainter
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This hotel has the perfect location: next to the artsy hub of historic downtown, with book store and art galleries, and 2 blocks to the best bakery (Two Sisters), and 3 blocks to beautiful Bishop's Beach. We were welcomed by friendly employees/owners who gave us a tour of the communal dining nook and living room. Our room with bathroom was spotless and cozy and had a great view of Kachemak Bay. We will recommend this to any friends or family traveling to Homer, and will stay there again on our next trip. Thanks, Adrienne and crew!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We love staying here and enjoy showing company the unique Alaska Ferry Style rooms ! An easy walk along the beach and great places for a good food close by. Always made to feel welcome and at home by the staff.
A Good night sleep, fresh coffee in the morning enjoyed in the "Living Room" Lobby and visiting with my friends on the back porch in the evening after a great dinner and a wonderful walk along the shore.

Room Tip: Bay side is a little quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends