I cannot write about all of the shortcomings of this place. Yes, it has a great view, but overlook the shabby and junkie neighborhood when you arrive. Wasn't sure our car was safe. The guest house with many rooms was just as the painter left it...painted and no decor, no art. Furnishings were not as good as Sam's. Just two inadequate small lamps by the bed with bright overhead lights (no dimmer) with the switch across the room (after we searched for it). There were two burned out bulbs that should have been spotted. Unfortunately, the mattress had not been replaced in years.. We haven't seen a bathroom with linoleum in years...no tile work anywhere. Fixtures like they came from Lowe's. The inn doesn't furnish bar soap or any individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and no lotion. Liquid soap at the basin (That's OK), but the tub shampoo/soap dispenser was high on the wall. You had to stand up in the tub; get a handful, sit back down; repeat. Oh yes, the tub facet gizmo to turn on the shower would not work.
The common area was spacious and had a fridge, but no ice maker for a house with 5 or more guest rooms. It did have three tiny plastic ice cub trays that were empty.
We didn't expect luxury, but for over $200 per night, we did expect the comforts of a nice motel. They don't offer any kind of breakfast, but they will sell you cereal and muffins for $1.00 each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer four distinctly different hotel, motel and deluxe lodge-style buildings. The Driftwood Inn is a charming, historic, hotel, motel, and Inn located in the heart of Old-Town Homer near the beach in Homer, Alaska. Located next to Bishop's Beach in a secluded area of Old Town Homer, we offer economy rooms and a relaxed, homey atmosphere with partial views overlooking beautiful Kachemak Bay with its mountains, glaciers and coves. The Seaside & Bluffview Lodges feature modern and spacious lodging overlooking Bishop's Beach with breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. The seaside Kachemak Cottage and intimate RV Park are located adjacent to the Inn; just a few steps away. The Woodside Fishing Suites are located about a block away on Pioneer Ave and feature 1 and 2 Bedroom Suites with kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Driftwood Inn & Homer Seaside Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Inn And Homer Seaside Lodges
- Driftwood Inn & Homer Seaside Hotel Homer
- Driftwood Inn & Homer Seaside Lodges Alaska