“Halibut Time!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Homer Floatplane Lodge
Ranked #12 of 31 Speciality Lodging in Homer
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I had a great time with a group of 4 at the Lodge recently fishing 3 days for Halibut. Captain John & "Hammer" really knew how to find the fish, and we landed our limits. The staff at the lodge prepared great food, and good times for our group and was accomodating to our wants/needs. The fish they arranged to ship home arrived the next day as planned and was well packed, and pefectly frozen. The scenery is awesome around the lodge and going out from the harbor was really beautiful.

I will definitely go back with my friends next trip and can recommend the facility with confidence to anyone wanting to visit Homer.

Thanks FloatPlane Lodge team!
Charlie "Codzilla" from Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 25 March 2008

From the food to the fishing to the overall hospitality, Charlie and the rest of the staff go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time in Homer.

If you're considering a stop in Homer, you should give them a call.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed 17 March 2008

The fishing was amazing and we had a great time. The food was always excellent and there was plenty of it.

If we ever needed anything the staff was there and happy to help.

I would recommend this lodge to any of my friends and I give it high marks.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 15 July 2007

This spring my husband & I visited Alaska. It was our first visit and it was a great adventure. We loved Homer FloatPlane Lodge. The fishing was great (I caught a 105# Halibut). The biggest catch on the the boat that day. The captain and the deck hand were very professional and help me land my fish. I have never really fished before and only weight 110#. So I had my hands full.

After a great day of fishing we return to the lodge to a wonderful hot meal, homemade bread & desserts, steak and fresh seafood. The staff treats you like family.

We met some wonderful people also lodging & fishing from Singapore whom we plan to keep in touch with.

We would recommend this lodge to anyone going to Homer. We have already made plans to return - my husband thinks he can top my fish.

Gloria & Steve
Brookhaven

Stayed: June 2007
6  Thank tkck24
Reviewed 21 November 2006

We found our experience at Homer Float Plane Lodge to rank far above any other lodge or B&B we stayed at on our Alaska trip.

Ron, Nancy and their staff made us feel like it was just one big family and they only wanted the guest to have the best experience in Alaska. The accommodations were great and I felt the food was at least 4 star. The fishing was great. I only wished we had had more time for fishing but our schedule wouldn't allow more than one day on the water.

We have told several friend about the lodge and recommended it highly. We do plan on returning to the lodge on our next trip to Alaska.

Neal and Judy

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank nealw57
A TripAdvisor Member
hollywood, ca
Reviewed 15 June 2006

My family and I had a wonderful time at Homer Floatplane Lodge. I would recoment it to any person looking for a relaxing getaway. Fishing was grand and so was the food. I would recomend the summer and spring. The kings are what i go for.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 July 2005

We made reservations in February to stay in a four bedroom cottage with a full kitchen and washer and dryers. There were six of us traveling. The cost of the cottage was supposed to be $225 a night.

I e-mailed several days before we left and asked for directions to the cabin. I was told to come to the Float Plane lodge to get the key, etc. When we arrived at the Float Plane lodge we were told that there was a problem, they had overbooked.

We were moved to a small 2 bedroom cabin, only a microwave in the kitchen and no washer and dryer. The bedrooms (not totally seperate rooms) were upstairs. Downstairs had one twin bed. There was no sitting area, no room for it. We told them that we had an older couple that could not climb the stairs, so they offered to put a roll away in the already cramped downstairs room.

I asked if we were getting a discounted price since this was not what we rented. The owner told me that I was getting this cabin cheaper than I could get anything in town. We went to our cabin and we were discussing the situation and he walked in and informed me that if I was going to be cranky about this he would just cancel the rooms all together.

I certainly do not feel that his behavior was the way someone should act that just messed up a family's vacation, afterall, we are the customers. The situation was an inconvenience because we had packed assuming we would have a washer and dryer. We had to go to the laundry mat and it was very expensive. If there had been more than one couple that could not climb stairs, I do not know what we would have done.

The cabin we had was nice, but cramped. The attitude of the owner is the main reason I would avoid this place at all costs. They made the mistake, yet we were treated as though we had done something wrong. Our reservation was made months in advance and we could have been contacted before we arrived and maybe we could have changed our plans. I feel this is exactly why we were not told in advance, he knew this way we would have no choice but to stay in the alternative place he gave us.

Melanie from TX July 2005

25  Thank wannamovetoalaska
Homer_AlaskaFishon, New Owner at Homer Floatplane Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2007

Hi -
We are the new owners of the FloatPlane Lodge in Homer, Alaska. We purchased the lodge Spring 2007 We are really trying to create a wonderful fun Alaska experience for all visitors. We have corrected any mistakes the former owners may have made. They are a thing of the past.

Charlie Knoll