“Food OK great staff”

Harbor Grill
Ranked #35 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the second year I have eaten in this restaurant and it is still only average. There always seems to be a considerable wait time to get in and my advice is if you have to wait go elsewhere.
Great and friendly staff food was average but not worth the cost.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This place should be banned from Alaska! My family and I ate here last night and I only took 2 bites from my meal. It took the server like 5 min to come to the table to take our drink order. Then when he did he asked if we were ready to order our food. I asked if they had a drink menu and he proceeds to tell me that they have a full bar and started listing all of the beers and liquor. I wanted to look at the drink menu myself not be told what they have. Finally got our drinks and mine was wrong but I drank it anyway. My husband ordered the seafood sampler and all the fish was way overcooked and the scallops were like rubber. I ordered the wedge salad with salmon on it. All of our food came out at different times and my salmon didn't even come out with my salad like I had asked. He delivered my salad and told me it would be another 5 min before my salmon would come out. The manager came by and asked if everything was ok and I told him I wanted to cancel my salmon. He didn't even ask why or if there was anything he could do he just said yes and walked away. He looked drunk....His shirt was half tucked in and his hair was all messy and he even had a bleach stain going down his pants. My lettuce on my salad was warm and wilted. We hurried and ate and couldn't get out of there fast enough! We will NEVER be back and we plan to tell everyone about how horrible this place is. In the famous words of Gordon Ramsey "SHUT IT DOWN"

1  Thank krikit23
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Mediocre food and drinks. Margaritas were overly sweet as from a mix. Salmon quasi dias were very fishy. Crab legs not even as good as red lobster's. Seafood chowder was mostly potatoes. Service slow. No offer to refill water. There are better restaurants in Homer.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Way over priced for the food. Good view if you sit by window and service was good. Would not likely eat here again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Overpriced and not that good. Ordered king crab legs and they were still frozen in the center. Salmon quesidilas were awful. Seafood chowder was mostly potatoes. Long wait to get in which would have been okay if food was better. Do not recommend. Try another place.

Been to Harbor Grill? Share your experiences!