“At home in Homer!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Hoedel's Homestead Cottage
Ranked #9 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Homer
Tampa, Florida
“At home in Homer!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Nancy and Gary are gracious and generous hosts. I wished we could have stayed longer. The cabin was simply adorable. We were treated to many home-made treats and stories of historic Homer. Truly, one of my fondest memories of our trip to Alaska, were made at Hoedel's.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Probably the best accomodation in Homer.A wonderful little house in a perfect locationon on a beautiful property.

You could not ask for more hearty and accomodating hosts.
We stayed in the bigger house, the cottage, with a great panoramic view towards the spit and Kachemak Bay.
The Hoedel House was perfect for our small family, two adults and one child, but it would easily accomadate more people.
The cottage was very nicely furnished and decorated, with an eye for detail and above all, perfectly clean.
This place is so great, we first thought we shouldn't tell anybody about it.
Nancy and her husband Gary were the most welcoming hosts we have met so far on our travels. We had a hard time to leave.
We will return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Anderso
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent one night in the B&B on the way to Dutch Harbor. Excellent accommodations, great welcome. Nancy was a great host and shared lots of information about the area. Plan to stay with her on my next trip to Homer.
Great rooms, made you feel at home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a lovely, lovely stay for two nights at the main Hoedel House. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer! Nancy, the owner, was very helpful and gave me a lot of advice regarding the area and fishing charters even before we arrived. The house is very cute, warm, spotless, and well decorated. The bed in the master bedroom was extremely comfortable. We had fresh milk in the refrigerator, coffee, tea, fruit, and fresh baked blueberry pound cake (delicious!!) Nancy provided us of a map of the town, which I thought was very helpful because Homer was slightly difficult to navigate. I saw a moose in the front yard before we left. Great stay, from a well seasoned traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Hoedel House. Nancy our hostess was wonderful. Views out of every window were spectacular. Gorgeous accommodation with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, living room. Impeccably decorated. Absolutely beautiful and spotless. I would love to live there. Every time I looked around I found something interesting to awe me. Would stay again in a heartbeat. Secret hideaway on the hillside.

Mary and Andy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My wife and toddler stayed here for 4 nights in August and really enjoyed it. The owners are great and provide little extras (a welcome cake; some drinks) and good insight into what to see and do. The cabin has all you need and some good views too. Wifi worked as well from the kitchen area. Highly recommended for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This was one of the best decisions that I made (in regards to my Alaska trip). I traveled alone to the destination wedding of my friend and wanted to find a sweet place to stay in Homer before traveling to the wedding in Moose Pass, Alaska. This place was perfect. I stayed in the little cottage behind the main house. I was blown away by the hospitality, cleanliness and the peaceful environment. The bed in the loft was so comfortable. Nancy and her husband were more than kind to me. The tasty breakfast pastries made my mouth water. I would recommend this place to anyone. I can't think of a negative thing to say. Definitely pick this B&B if you find yourself in Homer! :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo