“Excellent food, reasonable prices, nice staff”
Review of La Baleine Cafe

La Baleine Cafe
Ranked #7 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We got the musher meal and breakfast egg sandwich. Both were deee-licious. Enjoyed it so much that we came back the next morning. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Prices were reasonable. Self-serve complimentary coffee, tea and hot cocoa with your meal. Not a ton of seating, but nice, relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Our good friends brought us here for breakfast, and it was wonderful. The chef cooks with locally sourced foods and they offer a lot of vegetarian options. I had an awesome breakfast sandwich on ciabatta break, and I ended up buying some goodies to go (they made an awesome nutter butter cookie) and organic gummy bears. I wished I had an opportunity to go for lunch or dinner as well, but maybe next time. It's WELL worth a visit if you're in Homer!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

The food was exquisite and the service phenomenal. We had the Royal with cheese. So very good paired with the curry fries. I plan on trying the Dungeness crab melt next time. Fantastic!

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Chili and Ramon bowl are what we ordered. Ramen bowl came with a nice size pice of salmon and could be shared. It was a generous size. Cup of chili perfect size. Yummy!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We had a layover in Homer and ate a late lunch here. We each had the Dungeoness Crab Melt on fresh french bread - and the options for sides were either soup, salad, or curry fries. I chose the curry fries, my husband had the Reindeer Sausage Chili. Also included in the $13 price tag were water, tea, and coffee. The hostess was open to amending the cheese on the melt, because I am lactose intolerant. The food was fresh, delicious and great value for the price! We will definitely be back - they were environmentally friendly, have a variety of options, a bathroom, and indoor and outdoor seating. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for anyone going to Homer! YUM!!

Been to La Baleine Cafe? Share your experiences!