“HORRIBLE!!!! Don't let the views fool you!”
Review of Windjammer Suites

Windjammer Suites
Windjammer Suites
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Atlanta, Georgia
“HORRIBLE!!!! Don't let the views fool you!”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Where do I start??? Check in time is 11:00 and we were not able to check in until 11:30 because our room was still occupied so we wasted half a day driving back and forth to see if our room was ready yet. As soon as you walk in the office you can tell it is old and dirty. Our room was on the 2nd floor which can only be accessed by the back of the building which you cannot park in the back sooo you have to lug all of your suitcases up the stairs and across the back of the building. No elevators. The room was spacious but it was old, smelled musty, and looked it hadn't been touched since the 1960's. All furniture was mismatched, table was an old wood table with 4 metal folding chairs, the couch was so nasty with stains from who knows what we had to put the extra comforter from the closet over it so we could sit on it. The kitchen is not "furnished". It had 2 tiny skillets which we had to call the front desk to replace because I wouldn't have fed my dog out of them, a pack of paper plates & a few pieces of miss matched silverware, a luke warm refrigerator, and 2 cups. Appliance were the yellow ones from the 60's with yellow torn linoleum to match. We bought some carpet freshner for the carpet and a candle because the smell was so musty I lost my appetite to even eat. Just when I thought it could get no worse something told me before I laid down to look at my pillows. The pillows had no cover on them and they were all yellow and stained from so many people slobbing all over them and never being changed. I thought I was going to throw up. Needless to say, we woke the owners @ 12:30am and demanded new pillows and told them we would be cancelling our week stay and would be checking out the next morning. They gave us some new pillows and we slept on top of the covers because after seeing the pillows I do not want to know what was on the mattresses. We woke up early the next day and went looking for a different place to stay. Thank god we found one and it wasn't cheap but I was not going to spend another night in that rat hole. The owners should be ashamed of themselves even advertising that place. Health Dept. needs to shut them down and it needs to be condemned. Do not let the views fool you! Keep driving!

Room Tip: There is no good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank 55Renee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Anchorage
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Good location to all Homer has to offer. Nice view from the second floor window suites. Full kitchen with separate bedroom. Slightly worn, but good value at $110 a night considering other places with less features, further out of town started at $130. Comfy bed and new carpets made me happy. Private balcony on upstairs suites. Thanks.

Room Tip: Room 20, ocean view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
willow, Alaska
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel sits on a hill all the rooms have oceanview and the best view is from upstairs rooms.
The rooms are a little older and used but very clean and comfortable.
The view compensates for the older looking rooms.
I stay here for long term like a month or longer when i am working on my boat it really works out well for that type of lodging...

Room Tip: upstairs rooms have a very good view..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank alaskan64
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed 17 September 2006

I stayed at the Windjammer Suites on the night of Sept 11th. I had planned to stay at the Ocean Shores, but they were fully booked for the night. Hadn/t expected that so I pulled in to the Windjammer. This would be a good place for a family or a small group traveling together. Was too much space for me, but was very clean and had a nice view of the bay.

• Liked — View of the bay
  • Disliked — Difficulty in climbing to room on second floor
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank suitcase_packed
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 25 May 2006

This motel is billed as reasonably priced, and it was. It's an older property (although no motels in Alaska are really OLD). The kitchen was dated, and not very well equipped.

The suite had lots of room for our family of four to spread out. There was a separate bedroom with a comfortable bed, bathroom with tub/shower, and the rest of the suite was one large room. There was also a balcony with a nice view of Kachemak Bay (see picture) although it was several blocks from the water.

Coin-op laundry on-site was handy. Walking distance to a couple coffee places and the Pratt Museum, plus some art galleries. We drove to restaurants and grocery stores.

9 Thank meginoregon