“Awesome Views”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Alaska
“Awesome Views”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On a mini trip to Homer for fishing, we stayed at the Windjammer Suites for a night. Reasonably priced even at the height of tourist season, the room was fresh, clean and sported a wonderful view of the ocean. In room coffee pot, well equipped kitchen and a balcony with chairs to relax while enjoying the sunset. Would stay here again and again!

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portland, OR
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

This place is very dated. Not clean but not so dirty it's unbearable. Great views of the ocean and mountains. Good value considering the price of hotels in Homer. Only stayed here to get out of the rain after camping for several days so my opinion on the cleanliness may be too lenient. If you're looking for the Hilton this is not it.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stay here every time I come to Alaska, it is such a nice hotel! Its so close to the ocean, shops, restaurants, a theatre, and everything else you'd want to do on a vacation. The owners are very nice people and they certainly know how to run a good business. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I encourage the owners to keep up the awesome work!! ★♥♥

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank gloray23
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2013

It may be a bit dated , but to have your own kitchen, bedrooms and a bathroom for this price in Alaska is great. The easy to find location, views, and walkable area is a big plus. Moose in the back, mountains in the front, and you can cook (or not) your own food. We have always had a good experience here. Clean and nice owners.

Room Tip: The back rooms are quiet. The and front end rooms have the view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank AWanderingViking
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Where do I start??? Check in time is 11:00 and we were not able to check in until 11:30 because our room was still occupied so we wasted half a day driving back and forth to see if our room was ready yet. As soon as you walk in the office you can tell it is old and dirty. Our room was on the 2nd floor which can only be accessed by the back of the building which you cannot park in the back sooo you have to lug all of your suitcases up the stairs and across the back of the building. No elevators. The room was spacious but it was old, smelled musty, and looked it hadn't been touched since the 1960's. All furniture was mismatched, table was an old wood table with 4 metal folding chairs, the couch was so nasty with stains from who knows what we had to put the extra comforter from the closet over it so we could sit on it. The kitchen is not "furnished". It had 2 tiny skillets which we had to call the front desk to replace because I wouldn't have fed my dog out of them, a pack of paper plates & a few pieces of miss matched silverware, a luke warm refrigerator, and 2 cups. Appliance were the yellow ones from the 60's with yellow torn linoleum to match. We bought some carpet freshner for the carpet and a candle because the smell was so musty I lost my appetite to even eat. Just when I thought it could get no worse something told me before I laid down to look at my pillows. The pillows had no cover on them and they were all yellow and stained from so many people slobbing all over them and never being changed. I thought I was going to throw up. Needless to say, we woke the owners @ 12:30am and demanded new pillows and told them we would be cancelling our week stay and would be checking out the next morning. They gave us some new pillows and we slept on top of the covers because after seeing the pillows I do not want to know what was on the mattresses. We woke up early the next day and went looking for a different place to stay. Thank god we found one and it wasn't cheap but I was not going to spend another night in that rat hole. The owners should be ashamed of themselves even advertising that place. Health Dept. needs to shut them down and it needs to be condemned. Do not let the views fool you! Keep driving!

Room Tip: There is no good room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank 55Renee

Travellers are raving about these Homer hotels

Anchorage
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Good location to all Homer has to offer. Nice view from the second floor window suites. Full kitchen with separate bedroom. Slightly worn, but good value at $110 a night considering other places with less features, further out of town started at $130. Comfy bed and new carpets made me happy. Private balcony on upstairs suites. Thanks.

Room Tip: Room 20, ocean view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
willow, Alaska
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel sits on a hill all the rooms have oceanview and the best view is from upstairs rooms.
The rooms are a little older and used but very clean and comfortable.
The view compensates for the older looking rooms.
I stay here for long term like a month or longer when i am working on my boat it really works out well for that type of lodging...

Room Tip: upstairs rooms have a very good view..
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business