“Home in Homer”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Home in Homer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Thanks for such a great stay! My sleep in the Quarterdeck room was great - comfortable and quiet. It was nice having a private entrance to the room. I loved walking the grounds and taking in the views. The owners are quite knowledgeable about Homer and Alaska in general, and very accommodating. The worst part about my trip was that it was only one night! I wish I could have stayed longer. Hope to be back one day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jkarennj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Well I made a return trip to Alaska and inparticular Homer so where else would I stay but Halcyon Heights! Steve and Juxia treated me like a long time friend on my arrival and i`m sure even Jelad remembered me this year.As usual everything from the room to breakfast to information from your hosts was excellent and when the plans that my 2 friends and I had in place for our visit fell through Steve and Juxia were more than helpful in accomodating us at such short notice!
Once again I can`t speak highly enough of this B+B and I will once again visit Homer next year to make up for this years disappointment...no need to ask where I will be staying!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tigerfast
Taoyuan, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I am so glag that I choose this cozy place.Halcyon Heights had made our trip a wonderul memory.Juxia give us a lot of great useful suggestion.I left my Olympus lens cap in Halcyon Heights.Juxia email to me as soon as found it and mail to the Hotel I stay in ANC.All of us had a good time in Homer and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tony0123
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

If you happen to go to Alaska, and end up in Homer, you really must stay at Halcyon Heights. It is a lovely B & B with an incredible view of the Spit, mountains and glaciers, and nice, clean rooms (we stayed in the Forecastle Room for two nights—big, comfy King bed). If you like unique architecture or interiors, you will find this place fascinating and fun to look at. Steve and Juxia were great hosts who were really focused on how to make the most of our visit. They were dedicated to ensuring we were met with great service wherever we went and even went above and beyond, booking us a cozy cabin in Seward for one of our other nights on the Kenai Peninsula. You will appreciate their local perspective on recommendations for things to do or places to eat (they’ll even call ahead to get you a reservation). We had wonderful breakfasts both mornings—my husband had seconds and thirds. The only thing missing was a wandering moose outside (a frequent occurrence here but not during our stay). If we get the chance, we’ll happily go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarthaTC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

My son, mother and I have been visiting Alaska each summer for many years, and our absolute favorite is staying with our lovely friends at Halcyon Heights! Juxia has been so helpful in giving us great suggestions of places to visit, booking kayaking and car reservations, and dining options. Stephen has been a gracious host as well. A beautiful place to stay with an amazing hot tub with a 180 degree view of Katchemak Bay and the lights of the spit twinkling under the moonlight. The BEST lodging in Homer!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank AnitaDWright
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed at this beautiful B&B for 3 nights. A fantastic experience, well kept, tidy and clean rooms. Spacious and luxurious, one of the best B&B's i have ever stayed in. The hosts are helpful and friendly, catering to our every need. Breakfast was excellent, fresh organic food!
Not a bad word to say about this place, highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matt A
Mattituck
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband & I spend 4 nights at Halcyon B & B in July. We had never stayed in a B & B before so we weren't sure what to expect. Our room included a kitchen which was well stocked and was very clean. We were greeted by our wonderful hosts Juxia & Stephen who were warm & friendly. We met many nice people durning our stay & enjoyed sharing stories over the delicious breakfast those 4 mornings. The views were amazing & location perfect for visiting Homer. Our son & his fiancee are spending the summer working in Homer, so we decided to visit with them and really enjoyed our time there. Alaska is a beautiful state, a place everyone should see.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family