“Awesome stay in Homer”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clifton, Colorado
“Awesome stay in Homer”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience at this B&B. Juxia and Steve were great! Very nice property. We never had to ask for anything. The room was cleaned a d stocked daily. Breakfasts were great as well as the company. I would recommend this to everyone! I would definitely go back! We even got married on the property. Beautiful setting... Ben and Dora

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank syngqueen6
Ukudigal, Owner at Halcyon Heights B&B / Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Dora & Ben, We are honored to be chosen as your special wedding venue. We are glad you booked 3 months in advance that we were able to host you. Although we are experienced in hosting small intimate weddings, each one is special and different in our hands. It is gratifying to know all the details turned out just what you like including the color of bouquet. We certainly could not ask for a better backdrop than the snow-capped mountain and blue sky.

Congratulations again on finding each other and thanks very much for coming to our little corner all the way from Colorado, and choosing Halcyon Heights B&B Homer Alaska as your special wedding vacation destination! Beautiful memory and many blessings. Looking forward to your return visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We've actually stayed at Steve and Juxia's place the last two years and are planning another visit as I write this. They truly have made us think of the HH as our home in Alaska. The accommodations and the food are both wonderful but the warmth and friendship of the hosts is what makes this place special. I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Scott R
Indeed. Scott. It is about time for you to be back again in July. We hope to hear you play and sing more this time. Thanks again for the kind words.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Thank you for making our first BnB stay in Homer, memorable and warm.
As Alaskans for 20 plus years, this was our first BnB in Homer and it was great to converse with such interesting and hospitable hosts. The gourmet breakfast was tasty and the room, cozy and comfy.
See you again in a few weeks!

Room Tip: Lots of rooms to chose from and a hot tub that was clean and operable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sean A
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sean. We appreciate your taking the time. It was great seeing you both coming back in April with the kids. We were impressed with the boys. Good parenting. You are all welcome back any time. Keep on playing hockey and wrestling and be the champ someday. Best wishes.
Burbank, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I bought a perfect ring and needed the perfect place to propose to my girlfriend. After doing lots of research I decided that Homer captured some of Alaska's best views and beauty. I was recommended Halcyon Heights B&B / Inn by numerous websites, and it far exceeded the recommendations! I called to make my reservation and unlike other B&B's my phone call was not put to a voice mail, instead Juxia answered my phone call. I explained my plan on proposing to my girlfriend Juxia and Stephen were more then excited to make sure my proposal was a success! I am happy to say that it was thanks to Stephen and Juxia! I booked a three night stay. Stephen recommended a an amazing view point just above the house to propose and an amazing restaurant to celebrate. The room was very nice/clean and had a great view of the bay and glacier. Juxia goes above and beyond on breakfast! The view from the table is breath taking! I also recommend the hot tub, It is by far one of the best experiences we had in Alaska. The engagement went better then I could ever of planed and it's all thanks to Juxia and Stephen! I can proudly and confidently recommend Halcyon Heights B&B / Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James L
Ukudigal, Owner at Halcyon Heights B&B / Inn, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are honored to host your special engagement vacation. It was delightful to have you staying with us. We are so happy for you to find each other. May peace, joy and love be with you always. Hope to see you again soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We contacted the owners, Steve and Juxia, to find out if their B&B offered any elopement packages early this fall (2013.) They did an amazing job of planning and coordinating the perfect event for us. We truly had a great wedding, a great stay, and couldn't have asked for anything else. Steve and Juxia were wonderful, and have endless knowledge about Homer and Alaska. It was so helpful to have all their advice and suggestions. They went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable and happy the entire time. All of the meals that we were served were fantastic! The property was also gorgeous, and the bed was comfortable. The rooms were quiet and the view was exceptional. We will definitely be going back, and we'd recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing Alaskan retreat - or an exciting Alaskan adventure with a relaxing place to lay down at night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick and Maryse S
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Thanks for such a great stay! My sleep in the Quarterdeck room was great - comfortable and quiet. It was nice having a private entrance to the room. I loved walking the grounds and taking in the views. The owners are quite knowledgeable about Homer and Alaska in general, and very accommodating. The worst part about my trip was that it was only one night! I wish I could have stayed longer. Hope to be back one day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jkarennj
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Well I made a return trip to Alaska and inparticular Homer so where else would I stay but Halcyon Heights! Steve and Juxia treated me like a long time friend on my arrival and i`m sure even Jelad remembered me this year.As usual everything from the room to breakfast to information from your hosts was excellent and when the plans that my 2 friends and I had in place for our visit fell through Steve and Juxia were more than helpful in accomodating us at such short notice!
Once again I can`t speak highly enough of this B+B and I will once again visit Homer next year to make up for this years disappointment...no need to ask where I will be staying!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo