“Very comfortable.”

Best Western Bidarka Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was an overnight stay during a post-cruise tour to Denali Park. We stayed in the Annex part of the motel complex. The room was a little dark, but had 2 double beds and full amenities. The bed was very comfortable, and the shower was excellent. A full breakfast was included in the room rate, and there was free WiFi. All in all this was good value.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. In the near future we will be adding an extra light fixture to those rooms to brighten up. I hope you had a wonderful visit in Alaska and safe travels.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

stayed here many times and it's good in most ways. rooms are fine, large screen tvs, and internet is excellent. breakfast is included and it's quite good. hotel is shabby on the outside and the bar/restaurant is pretty basic. staff is generally pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. Homer is a fun town to visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry to hear that you do not approve of the exterior of our hotel. We are currently replacing an old shingle roof with a more modern roof on one building. Although this is not an appealing sight it is needed at this time. Thanks again for your stay and we hope to see again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I booked this place after reading reviews, but was surpirsed that it was better than expected. I think it is over priced, but you feel safe. They had washer and dryer, which we needed after a week in Alaska. Breakfast is free, but you must go up stairs, this could be a problem for some people. They have a bar/restuarant, in a seperate location from the breakfast area. Not sure why they dont utilize the breakfast area as a dinner area. I did not like going to the "bar" for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed your time in Homer.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was run-of-the-mill as far as 3 star hotels go. My general impression was that of minor dilapidation though the rooms were clean and functional enough. My only real issue was despite the advertised "high speed internet" I could not get either my Android phone or Linux computer to connect to the wifi or wired internet. One Windows tablet I had did manage to connect after four or five tries and several reboots. In 2014, Internet should be platform and OS agnostic. Perhaps this was a temporary issue and not the norm for this hotel. I'll give the benefit of the doubt. The waitstaff were helpful and polite, no issues there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry that you could not get your internet to work. Our service provider was having an issue with their equipment during the bad weather we were having. It was a temporary issue and has been fixed.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Been here a few times previously and was always pretty clean, visited in June and sketchy staff up front........"girl asked me if I was a cop?"

Awoke at 2 am being bitten by fleas or bedbugs.....7 year old sleeping in separate bed had bites all over legs and perineum.

Not happy with this place. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jakaldoc

I would like to start with an apology for you not being satisfied with your stay. However we have had no reports of any bed bug or other infestation at our hotel in Years! You did not report this incident to our front desk at the time of the incident or at the time of departure. All of our mattresses and pillows are encased to further prevent bugs from taking up residence in our rooms. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff are also all required to take and pass a nationally recognized bedbug program to work here. We take pests very seriously and keep a watchful eye on our rooms to try and prevent an incident from happening. With Bed bugs being hitch hikers there is no way to say that we will not get them but are very proactive in trying to prevent an occurrence from happening. Again we do not have bed bugs or fleas!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Excellent stay with excellent service. The room was comfortable and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. I try not to be too picky and look for safe and clean and this location way exceeded my expectations. The staff was fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed Homer on your visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Slipped and fell in the bathroom, and both guests spent the first night in the emergency room of the local hospital. The room was noisy with a noisy, unruly child next door, also. No elevator, so we could not enjoy the free breakfast in the dining room like anyone else, due to our disabilities. If the room is wheelchair accessible, I highly recommend they supply a cheap, rubber backed bath rug for guests, so they won't slip on the way out of the tub!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rita C

I am very sorry to hear of your slip and fall. All our tub/showers have the bath mats installed and all the tile is slip resistant. I do like your idea of a rubber mat outside of the tub/shower and will look into getting some for our disabled guests in the future. We do give the option of bringing our disabled guests their breakfast or having it served in another room in our front office building on the first floor.