“Decent”

Best Western Bidarka Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Let's be honest. The rooms are ok, but the breakfast is pretty much like that in a typical Days Inn. Why none of the chain motels can figure out that scrambled eggs out of a box just are not real tasty is beyond me. It is not that hard to fix eggs from scratch, especially when you have multiple breakfast help like this place does. Bedrooms are good, but the bathrooms need a makeover. And the monster armoire has to go. Take a pass unless the humdrum suits you.....
Ps: the on site bar was good...as was the front desk service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john P
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. I will use your recommendations to improve the quality of our accommodations for future guests.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed one night while on a land tour. Hotel was excellent, large rooms, very clean and a great breakfast. Staff was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel and don't understand the bad reviews. It is certainly not a 5* hotel but I don't believe you will find one in Homer. I would def. stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in main bldg....more updated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JodyMc14679
Douglas J, General Manager at Best Western Bidarka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for your business. I hope you were able to enjoy our beautiful city by the bay. We hope to see you on your next visit to Homer.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first trip to Alaska and Homer and would highly recommend this hotel It is easy to find and the staff is second to none! Friendly, courteous and so willing to make our stay comfortable is an understatement.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to homer. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This Best Western hotel is right on the west end of town and is close to anything you could want to do while staying. It is dated, but rooms are nice enough and bathrooms are nice. Good hair dryer and comfortable beds. Complimentary breakfast was a treat with windows all around to see the spit and bay. Work-out facilities were good with a shower in the facility. Overall, not fantastic, but reasonably priced and good for the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us while in Alaska. Hope your visit to Homer was enjoyable.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It is a very good choice a hotel in Homer AK.

Homer is a very small town in AK. Taking weather and transportation into consideration, basically you can not expect too much in this town and we are happy being able to find this hotel in Homer. We got free WiFi and breakfast. Room is a little bit dark but still acceptable. The staff are very nice, especially the people who serve breakfast.

Overall, we are very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Homer. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Made quick two night trip to charter fishing trip with the family. Best Western had great rooms, comfortable beds, outstanding breakfast and excellent staff. Would defiantly stay here again on our next visit to Homer!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us on your visit. We offer our continental breakfast early so our Charter fishing customers will be able to get a good breakfast to start the day. Hope to see you on your next fishing trip.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Best Western is a good, basic choice for someone wanting to visit Homer. The rooms are clean, but dated. They were nice, functional, but nothing to write home about. I was given a room directly above the bar, and since I had read a lot of previous reviews, I was worried about the noise. As long as my window was closed, I was fine – the noise did not bother me. However, it was warmer when I was in Homer and the rooms do not have air conditioning, so I left the window open as long as I could until I was ready for sleep, then closed the window. The WiFi system is strange. Sometimes I could connect, other times I couldn’t. Sometimes I was told there were too many people on the system. People aren’t coming to Homer looking for great hotels – the sights are outside. With that in mind, this hotel was ok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank luvs_trvl_and_dogs

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Homer. It is a beautiful place and I am glad you were able to enjoy it.