“Girl's Night”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homer
Bear Creek Winery and Lodging
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Homer
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My girlfriend and I had the best time at Bear Creek Winery. I wanted to do something special for a friend of mine who helped me out this past summer, and since I've never been to Bear Creek Winery (although I've heard so much about it), I decided that'd be the perfect "thank you" location since we both like our wine. Colleen was very informative and knew her wine. She even went above and beyond and made a reservation for us for dinner that evening at Cups and gave us the phone number to call a CAB when we were ready to go to dinner. And who wouldn't love the John Wayne cabin?! After dinner we did have a clear night to sit in the hot tub--very nice! Even though it was a cold couple of days in November, it was absolutely the perfect relaxing weekend we both needed--thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BearCreekLodging, Manager at Bear Creek Winery and Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We try to put in the extra effort and embody our mission statement to treat our guests like friends and family. It is always appreciated when it is noticed.

Louis Maurer

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent couple nights at the winery and loved the little cabin. We used the hot tub and sauna and the view from the tub is AMAZING. Mountains and glaciers perfect view. Walked around the gardens, visited the tasting room and got special tour of the winery. Fascinating! Especially loved the halibut appetizer and house wine provided our first night. The staff were so friendly and accomodating that we felt like family. We picked up some salmon and used the grill to prepare romantic dinner. Very nice! Will be back if ever in Homer again. View is priceless!

Room Tip: Go off season for best prices! The weather was perfect Fall temps!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Very charming and romantic- We spent our wedding night here I couldn't have asked for anything more. The staff has thought of every detail in these beautiful rooms (I was really excited when I found popcorn, since I had hardly even eaten at the wedding!) The grounds are pristine, the hot tub toasty, and the wine delicious. Bill and Dorothy's special touches made our night and morning exceptionally special. Thank you guys!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maddie O
BearCreekLodging, Manager at Bear Creek Winery and Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

We are happy you had such a special stay. These kind of reviews make it worth all of the time we put in to ensure that our guests leave feeling like they are friends and family. Knowing that you had such a memorable and special experience makes us love our job.

Louie and the Bear Creek Staff

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Alaska is expensive; Homer is no different. The hospitality at the bear Creek winery makes the cost much more palatable. Your choices are to spend this much money and enjoy a wonderful place, or spend half the amount at the equivalent of a Motel 6 in the lower 48. If you have means, stay at the winery. They go out of their way to treat you as someone special. If you have expectations for a luxury five-star hotel just because of the price, that is your own fault. The price is just what it is in Alaska, they are not ripping you off.
For those in the military, it is nice to go to Alaska and truly be appreciated for what you do. The people there have strong support for us and the sacrifices we make. The Bear Creek staff were very supportive of us and the limited time my wife and I get to spend together. They made our short vacation together memorable.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We here at Bear Creek Winery and Lodging are happy that you enjoyed your "Bear Creek experience". As our mission statement says we strive to make our guests feel like they are friends and family. We hope to see you again.

Louie and the Bear Creek Staff

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Everything about the Bear Creek Winery and Lodging was perfect! The owners definitely pay attention to detail - from the beautifully appointed cabin to the landscaped gardens to the notebook full of EVERYTHING a traveller needs to know about Homer. We enjoyed the hot tub, the steam room, the tasting room, and even the exceptionally nice folks who work there. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was first introduced to Bear Creek wines when I found a bottle of their Black Raspberry blend at a friend's and tried some. It was the first time drinking any wine where I instantly wanted to drink a whole bottle of it by myself, without sharing. (before then I didn't really enjoy drinking because I hadn't found anything I liked) This past weekend, my sister in law and I popped in at Bear Creek Winery and did some tasting. It was awesome! We both got to try 2 oz samples of 6 different wines. (you get to choose which wines you try) My favorites were the Peach Apricot, one of Bear Creek's seasonal summer wines, and the Pomegranate. Both were insanely delicious! (and for $15 a bottle, not horribly expensive) The wine tasting costs $5 per person, but then is credited towards your purchase of a bottle of wine. I definitely plan to return,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
BearCreekLodging, Manager at Bear Creek Winery and Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

We are glad that you had such a great time in our tasting room. The motivation for making our wines is to see them enjoyed so your comments are greatly appreciated. I will keep making them if you keep enjoying them.

Louis the winemaker at Bear Creek Winery

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I visited the winery on the Homer Fermentation Tour - it was definitely the best stop. They have a large selection of wines to try, we had little snacks and the wines were GREAT! While not the cheapest wine, it was well worth the price. If I'm ever in Homer again, I'll definitely return - and I'm not really a wine drinker!

We didn't stay at the lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

We are glad that you had such a great time in our tasting room. We pride ourselves on providing the best experience that we can for all of our guests so your comments are appreciated. We make about 20 different wines including our seasonal wines ranging from dry to sweet. With so many wines to choose from there is a wine to suit any ones pallet. We look forward to seeing you again.

Louis the winemaker at Bear Creek Winery