“Six Mile Creek Rafting”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$93.11*
and up
3-hour Turnagain Pass Rafting Float Trip from...
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Hope
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska's Best Whitewater Rafting. Located on Alaska's Keani Peninsula, Six Mile Creek is a whitewater paradise 70 miles from Anchorage. Dropping over 50 feet per mile as it flows out of the Chugach Mountains. Six Mile Creek has cut its way through three separate canyons offering Class 4 and Class 5 whitewater. Choose between three different trips departing in the morning and afternoon. We provide all necessary river gear including a full dry suit.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This trip is awesome, we were fortunate to be in a raft just the 2 of us, with of course, our guide. There was one other party of 4 in a second raft, and a single boat with guide for safety. Weather was excellent, waterlevel could not be better, it was all perfect. We had the ride of our lifes! We did all 3 canyons, it was very cool. Best moment was when a big wave threw me to the other side of the raft, and made my son found him on the outside of the raft... In the middle of a class V rapid. Such fun.
It was so exciting and at the same time so relaxed...
Our guide Neil made we were just in right mood, he made we were 1 team, it felt really good and safe.
Hats off for Neil!!
And, off course, don’t skip warming up in the hot tub....

2  Thank Platv0et
"canyon"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 17 May 2018

This was the craziest thing we have ever done, but it was a total blast. Dress warm! Dry suits are provided but the water is SO COLD. The guides make you feel prepared (as much as possible) and confident in their knowledge. I was absolutely terrified and the swim test is very intimidating but I am so glad we tried this! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Carly-Rae H
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had the best time on this adventure. It was cold and scary, but so worth it. We were lucky enough to get Charlie as our guide and he made the whole experience so much fun. He really calmed my nerves too. We floated canyon 1 and 2, but not 3. That was plenty for us. I'm so glad I got out of my comfort zone and tried this.

1  Thank Sumer88
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I am a total wimp. I have never done anything close to this before. But since I was on vacation from Orlando, I wanted to go all out and do something I have never done before. Because not many people from florida can say they went white water rafting in alaska. Anyways it was a bit of a drive from anchorage but it was very easy to find. We got there and were instructed and assisted on how to put on all the gear. You have to take your shoes off before you put on the dry suit and then they give you tennis shoes to put over top so you do not ruin yours. They give you a helmet and a life jacket. They give you a ride in a van to the starting point where they give you all the safety information. Once you are fully suited (and extremely uncomfortable if your claustrophobic) they start the swimming test. It is extremely intimidating for people unathletic as I. Everyone managed to swim to the location without getting the rescue boat out. Popcorn was our guide and he was very nice and knowledable about the rapids. After the first canyon I no longer had feeling in either of my feet or legs. This was scary to me but I sucked it up and we continued to the second canyon where the left side of the boat fell out and we pulled them back in. We declined the offer to go on the 3rd canyon because I had no feeling at all in my legs. I am so grateful that I pushed myself and had this experience and I would love to do it again but in warmer weather. When I did remove the dry suit my socks were totally wet which is the reason behind the numbness. The only thing that truly bothered me was the smell in the ladies restroom. Worse than any portapotty I've ever used. Regaurdless I'm so happy we did this trip I will never forget it