“Great pastries and espresso. Perfect way to start your day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paradise Cafe - CLOSED

Paradise Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
oregon
“Great pastries and espresso. Perfect way to start your day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Warm atmosphere and great hospitality greet you when you enter. Cozy environment with great pastries and espresso. Start your day here, every day!

• Visited July 2013

“Warm, friendly and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love going here on a Saturday or Sunday for lunch. Joan always makes you feel welcome and relaxed. Menu varies with different and wonderful quiche or sandwiches. Love the homemade fresh cookies, pastries and pies!

• Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Nice local place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

While shopping we stopped in for a cup of coffee and a croissant...the chocolate croissant was very tasty. Nice place to rest and warm up!

Visited May 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“still needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Yep they have moved to the valley and are not downtown anymore. Had lunch there today and here is my take: Since the daily sandwiches and other offering changes everyday I guess the owner decided a menu/ chalk board or something to look at and decide was a bad idea. ( hey remove some of that "art" on the wall and Wala you'll have space for said menu.) Too bad because then you have to wait your turn to find out verbally what the daily offering is. Time consuming for those of us on our lunch hour? You bet! I could have read the menu while i was waiting for the owner to chew the fat with the customer ahead of me. Music too laud for such a tiny place, I want to be able to have normal conversation with my seat mate without talking over some bad music. Ok, the food, pretty good, except the "salad" that came with my sandwich had no dressing, dry as the Sahara.... Fix these issues and I may be back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank lisa I
Juneau, Alaska
“New location - same great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Not going downtown? Lucky you -- there's now a great place near the airport to catch breakfast or lunch. Joan serves amazing pastries and sandwiches in a quirky location with western pop decor.

Visited February 2013