“could have been better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juneau International Hostel

Juneau International Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Juneau
Juneau International Hostel
kaydajay
“could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

I must have stayed on an off night. My room and the bathroom both smelled terrible! I had a 2 inch wide mattress on a squeaky, loud, and unstable bunk bed. I woke up every time I rolled over and the frame shook whenever the person below me coughed or moved. However, the staff was very sweet and the common facilities were great, and it's only $10 per night. Beautiful views and location, but a terrible might's sleep, unfortunately.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kaydajay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2008

this is so much better than any other hostels that I have ever been to, people are nice and the chores are easy and the place is clean, warm, has everything you need in the kitchen location just beautiful, walking distance to the Basin road where it is just under the awesome mountain... safe..

cheap

• Liked — cheap and clean
  • Disliked — thte place is closed between 9 - 5PM
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 9tigers
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2008

Unbelievable, this was my first hostel experience, and what a great start. The place is very nice, like being in a upscale house, very clean nice comfy rooms/bunks, the staff was very friendly and efficient. Of the six hostels I stayed in Alaska this and Denali Mountain Morning Hostel were the best. Juneau hostel is right in downtown Juneau, you can walk to everything, if you come on the ferry try to find some folks to split a cab into town with, I rode with 3 other people so we split the fare of $33. The city bus is about a 2 mile walk from the ferry terminal. Just up the street from the hostel are some of the bes hiking trails, just a beautiful area, and did I mention the price $12. wow what a great deal for such a wonderful hostel. This is a must stay for anyone lots of older travelers like me stay here also.

• Liked — the place itself and the location
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank sourdoughought
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2007

This was one of my first hostel experiences in Alaska and I have to admit, I was impressed.

Great professional service in checking us in. (A group of 6 of us stayed here for 2 nights). Clear definition of morning chores. Very clean rooms, restrooms, kitchen and living room facility.

they had a good washer / dryer which I used.

The price is very inexpensive. I would have loved it if this place was open during the day also (we have to check out every day at 9:00 AM.. as the hostel is closed during the day.. you can check in again at 5:00 PM).. One has to be back in the hostel by I think about 10:00 PM or so..

So I could not enjoy the living room and kitchen as much as I wanted to .

I actually took some pictures of the hostel just to show my wife who would not believe that a hostel can be clean, professional and very reasonably priced.

Stayed August 2007