“Absolutely amazing”

and up
Whale Watching and Wildlife Adventure from Juneau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventures in Alaska is owned and operated by a local family. Offering a unique and personalized way to experience the wonder of whale watching in Southeast Alaska, we pride ourselves in providing you with a truly Alaskan experience. Our hope is that your adventure aboard the M/V SCANIA will be the highlight of your visit to Alaska. We offer the longest "standard" tours in Juneau at a lesser price per hour than the competition. This, along with the fact that we carry a third the number of passengers than most similar-sized whale-watch boats in Juneau, lets us provide real value to families and small groups. Our focus is on customer service, education and fun. Full refunds if you get seasick, or if we don't find a whale.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our whale watching trip at Juneau was absolutely amazing. Captain Alan was very knowledgeable about all the different individual humpback whales - knowing who was who, who had a calf and about the male that had an absolute hatred of orcas - you know all the gossip :D We were also lucky enough to witness orcas swimming right underneath our boat and then later to see them teaching a young calf to hunt sea lions. Had we been on a larger boat with more tourists we might not have witnessed what we did!!! Thanks Captain Alan, that was absolutely amazing!!!

1  Thank wloftie
There are newer reviews for Adventures in Alaska

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our group of 14 had an incredible experience whale watching with Captain Jack and Captain Alan. Because we could not all fit on one boat, Capt Jack arranged for part of our group to be on the Rum Runner, which was also great. Our two boats were close enough that we could feel we were all sharing the experience together.
Absolutely magical day. Plenty of whale sightings, very knowledgeable guides and lots of room for all to see. We had a choice of the upper open deck or the lower enclosed (and warmer) cabin - viewing was good from either.
We saw two of the boats doing the excursions offered through the cruise line. MUCH larger (we were told about 150 people per boat), less time on the water, and higher cost. So glad we decided to book this trip privately instead.
I would highly recommend Adventures in Alaska to anyone wanting to go whale watching in Juneau.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our whaling trip in Juneau with Captain Alan was one of the highlights of our trip to Alaska. Our family including our two 10-year old twin daughters enjoyed the detail Captain Alan provided on the trip. The most amazing part came when three Orca whales jumped out of the water. I had asked Captain Alan 15 minutes beforehand and he said it doesn't happen too often. We were all amazed. We also so humbacks and a few eagles. We wanted to avoid the large boats crammed with passengers and get a personalized experience. It was delivered. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

From the first email I knew that this was the right trip for us! Capt Jack and I emailed several times and he followed up with a phone call. A month or so before the trip we found out that Capt Jack would be unable to be our capt however, he promised that Capt Alan would take good care of us and that is exactly what he did! Our driver was waiting for us when we docked and drove us to the marina where Capt Alan was waiting. It didn't take long before we saw our first spout and they just kept coming we moved spots a few times and each time we saw spouts, fins and tails. The scenery was incredible! Capt Alan was very well versed in whale behavior. He is also an outstanding nature and wildlife photographer and was very happy to share stories of his adventures. We then learned that his wife and Capt Jack's daughter ran a gallery in town so we payed her a visit. Our day of Whale watching definitely was one of the highlights of the trip! We were a group of 8 and I believe that we all had "one of the best days ever!"

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I found Adventures in Alaska by accident, and boy am I glad I did.... I went into a little gift shop in Juneau and told the ladies behind the counter that I was sad because I found out the tour company that I had went Whale Watching was not operating because the owner had a rare form of cancer. The company was Weather Permitting. So anyways, the ladies behind the counter told me they had someone that would take me out to see the whales. I called that afternoon, they got back with me within the hour. And the next day I went out on the boat with Captain Alan.... The day was alittle cold, and alittle rain, but other then that it was great. The rain stopped and we saw about 15 whales. It was like they were performing for us. At one time we saw three tales at one time. It was amazing. Alan kept moving the boat to get us as close to the whales as he could legally. His brother was helping us with all of the information about the whales. Both men were very knowledgeable. There were only seven people on the boat that day, it was just enough. Two days before that I had been on a bigger boat, and it was not that great, just too many people.

Been to Adventures in Alaska? Share your experiences!