“Death by Chocolate!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pie in the Sky
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Juneau
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pie in the Sky is Juneau's only custom, full service bakery offering fresh delights that are made using all organic ingredients. Offering a different fresh assortment of baked goods daily. Specializes in custom ordered cakes, pies and pastry. Also very gluten-free, low sugar, vegan, nut free and paleo friendly. Instagram: Pieintheskyak
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Death by Chocolate!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was there today and had a death by chocolate, it is a combination of deep dark chocolate brownies with chocolate mouse and chocolate ganache. I ordered mine without the brownie, even though the brownie looked great it had walnuts which I do not like, so I went with the mouse and ganache only. The ganache was perfect, it was obvious it had been made with very high quality chocolate which I guessed was Guitard, it turns out I was right. The consistency on the mouse was also perfect. My wife and son had a chocolate chocolate ice cream cookies sandwich which was also very good, prepared the old fashioned way. Though I have to say the Death by Chocolate was superior. I saw some very tempting lemon squares and pies. I will be back tomorrow, however this has been my favorite place to eat dessert in Juneau so far ( I have been here 4 days). Great finding!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Francisco C

Denver
“A must in Juneau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Check the hours - think hours on weekends vary and closes early so make sure you dont miss it. Pies and cookies galore with many unique combinations. Its so hard to choose you may have to get a dozen!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Susan1205
munkysmum
“delicious and eclectic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

all the baked goods are from scratch, crazy variety, lots of gluten free options. But the best are the sipping chocolates... amazing if you're like me and don't care for sweet chocolate. they are super high quality, made to order. I like the oaxaca, not sweet, with cayenne pepper. Delicious!

Visited January 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“good pastries - but don't expect friendly service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

The woman who runs this little pie place is not friendly, although the food is very yummy. She always put out by one thing or another. She doesn't tolerate foolish questions about the pasteries, and don't even think about asking her to fill a pie order without several days' notice.

If you like the New York kind of attitude - no niceties, no friendly chit chat - then this is the place for you.

If you'd like a smile with your pastry, look for another place in downtown Juneau.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PieintheSkyAK, Owner at Pie in the Sky, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Pie in the Sky. I do my best to answer all customer questions about my offerings, and occasionally have whole pies ready without ordering ahead. Typically though, I can make a pie or quiche with one day's notice, more for a few kinds of pie, cheesecakes, and layer cakes. This assures that your baked goods are made fresh to your preference. Please do call ahead (907-523-9135) or stop by and order your favorite, and I'll be happy to make it for you.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best cup of coffee I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

While I was in Juneau last summer, I stumbled upon this place after breakfast. I was intrigued by the small size of the place and stopped in. I was in a bit of a hurry but still wanted to try something. The lady working there - the owner, I assume - mentioned that she had 100 percent Kona coffee, which is a favorite of mine. I asked for a cup of Kona drip coffee. She mentioned that she only made espresso drinks with it. I'm glad she said that. She made me an Americano with Kona coffee. Despite its small size, it was the best cup of coffee I have ever had - full of flavor. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try any baked goods. I look forward to doing that the next time I am in Juneau.

Visited July 2012
PieintheSkyAK, Owner at Pie in the Sky, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your coffee! It is brewed from 100% Kona Select beans from Lyman Kona Coffee Farms, where you can visit and stay at Mango Sunset Bed and Breakfast also listed on TripAdvisor. These beans turn out the best coffee I've ever had too, so I am happy to bring this special treat to my customers.