“BEST PLACE TO STAY IN JUNEAU. GREAT DEAL!”

Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 12 September 2011

When I came to work in Hoonah, my company booked my room here as I had to stay the night before catching the ferry the next day. What a wonderful place! I have grown to appreciate this hotel even more since I recently returned to Juneau for grocery shopping, I really wanted to stay here as I knew what to expect but my budget was a little tight and thought I'd save the $30/night and stayed at the Extended Stay. Big mistake (WHAT A DUMP see my review). I did a lot of shopping around to find a reasonably priced hotel in Juneau. You're not going to find a cheap room in Juneau and if you do, there's a reason for it. In my search on Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire this hotel never came up so if you are not aware it's here, you'll miss it. Aspen manager you need to get connected with these companies, I would highly recommend it as these are the first places people go when looking for a hotel. As of now you are a best kept secret but I think more people need to be made aware of your wonderful hotel.

Aspen Suites is WONDERFUL! The rooms were clean and the staff are very professional and helpful. I'm not sure what the person was talking about who gave this hotel a score of 1 and said the staff were not helpful. Albert was the staff member on evening shift. He worked very hard to ensure my stay was pleasant. He helped me load and lug $500 worth of groceries up to my room on the 3rd floor. Yes, they have an elevator and a luggage cart but it was still a lot of work and he did it with a great attitude and spirit of service. Aspen Suites you have a very fine young man working for you. I found the morning staff to be equally as kind and helpful.

The rooms were very clean, beds comfy and it felt like home. The refrigerators are decent size and can hold a lot if you come to Juneau to shop. At this time (not sure what they are in the high season) rates are $119/night reg price, $109 AAA, and $99 if you're an AK resident. I will not make the same mistake again when I come to Juneau. This hotel is worth EVERY PENNY. It really is the most reasonable, nicest place to stay in Juneau. I will definitely be back on my next shopping trip and so regret not staying here on this last trip.

Room Tip: Aspen Suites is the nicest, best deal you will find in Juneau
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank merimedicn
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! I want to thank you for your business, we really do appreciate it!! We are doing our doing our best to make sure the word gets out about our property and we are very glad you found us!! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. It is close to the airport and close to the Mendenhall Glacier. The room was very nice, very large and comfortable. It was a little bit of a drive to the downtown, but not bad. Would recommend hotel (however, there is NOT a good view).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank cjg2901
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! I want to thank you for your business, we really do appreciate it!! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Location of the Aspen Hotel suited as well because we wanted to be close to the ferry terminal, near hiking trails and close by to whale watching tour in Auke Bay. We did not plan to vist the town of Juneau this time. We were excited about staying in a new hotel although prices of rooms were not the best value since there is no breakfast provided and hotel does not provide a shuttle.

Having a kitchen facility (no oven) right in our room was a big appeal. Rooms are a decent size with comfortable beds. Bright bathrooms have nice towels. While taking a shower I realized there was no exhaust fan or maybe wasn’t working? In our second floor room a floor was already bulging, there was a chewing gum on a carpet which should be removed prior to any guest’s arrival since it was visible on the middle of the room. A window did not shut on one side. There is no oven so kitchen is not suitable for those who want to bake or roast. I need to add that a great laundry room was very clean with five washers and dryers and, if I revcall correctly, they cost $2.00 per load.

Two very pleasant front desk clerks tried to accommodate our request of non-smoking room but seemed confused while looking at a diagram which rooms were non-smoking. We weren’t too happy with a statement “I don’t think anyone smoked in this room. We’re a new hotel.” There is no sign near, at the door or inside a room indicating a non-smoking room.

The staff of the hotel is not there 24/7. At night the reception area is blocked off with a heavy iron gate. Only security person is there and you cannot use a front door. With a key you can get in through the two doors. One is a far away on a side of the building, the other on the back of the building. We tried to get our final statement printout the evening before departure but another front desk clerk told us that wasn’t possible and we have to ask a security guard for a statement when departing. We had to get to the ferry at 6 am. In the morning the door of a room where a security guard resides were closed, after I knocked several times he finally came out quickly closing a door of his dark room with many bright monitors. He had with him a whole bunch of statements but couldn’t find mine. He went through all of them twice and finally gave me a piece of paper but that wasn’t my invoice. We were already running late and this procedure became just too long. I left without a statement.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Places

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your experience our Hotel, we appreciate your willingness to share this information with us in order to help us better serve our guests.
At Aspen Suites we are guided by the commitment to provide Clean Accommodations and Friendly Service. This is designed to make you feel at home during your visit to our property, I do apoligize for there being chewing gum stuck to the carpet in your room. I have spoken with my housekeeping department and taken care of that issue.
In regards to being unable to obtain a receipt upon checkout I do aplogize, I have spoken with the security company regarding this issue. I have also spoken with the front desk staff and they are able to email receipts to you so you will have them before we close for the day on the evening prior to your checkout.
I want you to know we really do appreciate your business, and hope to see you again on your next trip to Juneau!!

Reviewed 2 August 2011

This was a great hotel to spend several days in. Rooms are spacious and come with a kitchen. Short distance to food store so we were able to eat many of our meals in the hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful with many great suggestions on areas to explore. A great place for a family stay to explore the greater Juneau area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travlinme
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you for choosing Aspen Suites, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate your business and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My relatives, with 2 teen boys, loved this hotel when they visited this summer. I checked out the place, which was just built, and thought the lobby and other common areas were a notch or two above typical hotels in this class (best western, super 8, etc.). The room was nicer too. Their room had 2 big beds, a roomy and nice bathroom, and a full kitchen! Not sure what they paid. Since it's Juneau every room has a decent view. They serve hot Seattle's Best brand coffee in the lobby -- Tullys, or perhaps a local brand, would be a nice touch, but Seattle's Best is pretty good. Parking is very convenient, and I appreciated the design, decor, and layout of the hallways and common areas.

Room Tip: Second floor views are best.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank notmichelin

Thank you for choosing Aspen Suites, I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and want you to know we really do appreciate your business. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

I am so happy to see Aspen Hotels back in Juneau!!!!! Our room was so much larger then we expected and was super clean. The staff was very friendly, especially the girl who works in the evenings. We were in town for 4 nights and we love having the kitchen so we can save money by not eating out every day!!
We will definetely be back and I will recomend the hotel to every one that is traveling to Juneau!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivloch
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Thank you for choosing Aspen Suites, it is nice to hear your excitement over our return! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and want you to know we really do appreciate your business. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed 11 July 2011

The person at the front desk was very unfriendly when we checked in; our room was not very clean (the hotel had only been open for a couple of weeks, so cleanliness shouldn't have been a problem), do not like finding other people's hair in my bed or in the bathroom-YUCK! No shuttle service to the airport; no hairdryers; no fan in the bathroom,so it was very uncomfortable after using the shower; we had to leave the hotel at 4:30am to get to the airport & the front desk wasn't open yet, so a creepy security guard caught us in the parking lot to give us our invoice-not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jns26
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to extend our deepest apologies for the quality of service you received while staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves on the highest level of cleanliness and customer service and this was not what you received during your stay with us. I am not offering an excuse for the items you found in your room, as there is simply no explanation that can excuse this kind of mistake.
I would like to speak with you further and get more information on what happened while you were staying at our hotel. I want to assure you I will be taking steps to insure this does not happen again. We truly value all of our guest’s opinions and feelings; they are the key to our success at our property. Thank you for your time and again we are truly sorry for the issues you endured while staying at our property.
Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to we may further discuss this matter.
(907) 500-7700