“Wonderful experience1”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Juneau
Skagway, Alaska
“Wonderful experience1”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I found the Aspen Suites Juneau Hotel to be very conveniently located for my needs, very clean and comfortable, the staff courteous, helpful and concerned about my needs. The parking lot is roomy, convenient to the main door, well lite and has a security patrol. The rates were most affordable compared to other accommodation in older locations. We will stay again when travelling to Juneau!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
city
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Impressive, spacious, clean, quiet suites with a nice kitchenette and counter space, sleeper sofa opens up. First floor are equipped with RJ-45 jacks for secured, wired internet. The polyester bedsheets are caressing and sensual to the touch. Self-service laundromat facility, fitness room with treadmills. Nice facility.

No shuttle service offered is rather odd, especially for an airport hotel, but I understand their business reason is the high insurance liability costs. No food is offered except through their vending machines which isn't good food, you need to leave the hotel for dining options. Coffee is available in their lobby.

The hotel is located about a mile from the airport, a twenty minute walk. Local bus service available half hour service except holidays (check the bus website for schedule and current fare), currently USD 2 from the Nugget Mall along with shopping and restaurants about one-half mile away or a twenty minute walk. No restaurant, no swimming pool, no breakfast on their premises. We visited this facility on an open house tour.

Location would be an issue for me. If you're here on business and have no need to be downtown, taking a flight in a day or two or taking the ferry, this might be a good pick. For me, I'd rather lodge at a place downtown where I may walk to close by restaurants, movies, shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wasilla, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Aspen is located very close to the airport as well as restaurants, grocery store and the Mendenhall Glacier. The room is like an efficiency apartment so it made it very nice to have our own food in the room for snacks, breakfast and lunch. The room is complete with a cooktop, full fridge/freezer and necessary pots, pans, utensils, plates, coffee maker, etc... I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah K
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel appears nice however they did not clean my room one time while I was there. I stayed at the hotel for 18 consecutive days but I did not receive room service once. I did speek to a couple cleaning personnel and one desk attendent who promised service that I never received. I will be returning to Juneau several time in the near future but I will never stay here again nor would I ever recomend it to anyone.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jeff L
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to extend our deepest apologies for the quality of service you received while staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves on the highest level of cleanliness and customer service and this was not what you received during your stay with us. I am not offering an excuse for you not receiving room service there is simply no explanation that can excuse this kind of mistake.
I would like to speak with you further and get more information on what happened while you were staying at our hotel. I want to assure you I will be taking steps to insure this does not happen again. We truly value all of our guest’s opinions and feelings; they are the key to our success at our property. Thank you for your time and again we are truly sorry for the issues you endured while staying at our property.
Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to we may further discuss this matter.
Stephanie Weitman, General Manager
(907) 500-7700
Costa Rica
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here about three months ago for the second time in three years. I love the room layout and really everything. The sliding door on the bathroom made the room seem much bigger, the bed was fantastically comfortable. The small kitchenette made things easy to cook a few things I bought nearby. I highly reccomend this in Juneau. It really is one of, if not the, nicest place in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 4 September 2013

One of the more modern places in Juneau, with ample space, friendly service and superclean rooms. Proximity to the airport and the bus stop into downtown are added bonuses. Tip: If you are interested in a brewery tour, don't take their (expensive) shuttle. A regular bus leaves behind JoAnn's (have the guys at reception direct you there) and stops by the Cosco - i.e. brewery. The best dining near the Aspen Suites is a sushi place. And there's a big grocery store within walking distance (think breakfast with your kitchenette). Also, this place has a neat laundry room and a quiet gym. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else when in JNU.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ana T
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for a couple days for a family event. I have stayed in many hotels in Juneau over the years and would probably choose this again, but you need to know what you are getting so you aren't disappointed. We paid quite a bit so I would have expected a few more perks but this is a small town and I have definitely stayed in much worse.

Pros
Clean rooms, a couple scuffs on the door but the bathroom sparkled which is super important to me.
Beds were pretty comfortable and had plenty of pillows
Friendly Staff
Basic kitchen, fridge, microwave, two burners.
Decor nice, nothing special but nice.
Air conditioning. First time I've seen that in Juneau and since the hotel is close to airport and main highway it would have been pretty noisy to sleep with the window open.

Cons
- No housekeeping, no fresh towels (you can get more at the front desk if needed), you have to empty your own trash down the hall and they only left us 1 1/4 rolls of TP for two people on a three night stay. I'm sure they would have given us more but should you have to ask for that?? Also, no new toiletries and a tiny bottle of shampoo won't last long with two people so bring extra. (Maybe they would have given us more, I didn't ask)
- Kitchen is very sparsely equipped. Had to buy our own wine opener and and not even basics like salt and pepper or paper towels.
- Very harsh lighting and since there is only one small window and it rains a lot in Juneau it felt pretty depressing.
- Very minimal staff. The staff is very nice and I felt sorry for them for not having more help. We had a problem getting our TV to work and they didn't have anyone who could help us. After a couple calls, we ended up having to move the furniture and figured out that someone had unplugged one of the cables in the back on the cable box. Also, no one mans the front desk from midnight to 6pm.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family