“Enjoyable”

Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently stayed seven nights at this hotel. The front desk staff is very friendly and the room quite spacious with well-equipped kitchenette and cozy bedding. The one-time housekeeping service was fine since the room was clean from the start. The exercise room is handy. I certainly recommend this hotel and will stay there again. There is charm to the downtown hotels, but this one is more functional for a business traveler.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank doxnmom59
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is great hearing positive feedback from our customer’s and I glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! It is our mission to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us.

Thank you again for choosing Aspen Suites Hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.

Stephanie Weitman, General Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I don't know how they do it, but every time I stay here the beds are just incredibly comfortable. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and every room has a kitchen! I love this place, I really do.
The internet access is really good, they have coffee in the lobby all day. Still tho, the best thing is the spotless fresh smelling room and that crazy comfortable bed.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lalasmom

Stephanie Weitman, General Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip for 3 weeks. They claimed to be an extended stay hotel, but this was not the case. It was a small room with a smaller kitchenette attached to it. No oven or dishwasher. Only 2 burners a microwave and a fridge consisted of the kitchen. My husband came with me for this trip and there was not enough space for both of us to live comfortably for 3 weeks. They claimed to have free wifi, but we could never get a signal. We called about 3 times and no one came up to look at it. All they said was "It should be working"... There was no washer and dryer in the room and it cost $8 for me to do a load of clothes downstairs. Also, their laundry mat had a Tv but it did not work.
If you're not staying for a significant amount of time or plan to cook much. This is a nice and clean hotel. Staff was nice. I would not do an extended stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carie S
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Aspen Suites is a comfortable, but sparse, hotel. The beds are comfortable and the room is a decent size.

The inclusion of a kitchenette adds a nice touch -- you don't have to eat in a restaurant every day and it helps save money.

The wireless network is consistent if not blazing fast. The exercise room is decent.

The location near the airport is handy.

The staff there are very nice.

Be forewarned - housekeeping is once a week. This was just fine for me but some might want a higher frequency.

Room Tip: Haven't found a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bartt B
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I found the Aspen Suites Juneau Hotel to be very conveniently located for my needs, very clean and comfortable, the staff courteous, helpful and concerned about my needs. The parking lot is roomy, convenient to the main door, well lite and has a security patrol. The rates were most affordable compared to other accommodation in older locations. We will stay again when travelling to Juneau!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Impressive, spacious, clean, quiet suites with a nice kitchenette and counter space, sleeper sofa opens up. First floor are equipped with RJ-45 jacks for secured, wired internet. The polyester bedsheets are caressing and sensual to the touch. Self-service laundromat facility, fitness room with treadmills. Nice facility.

No shuttle service offered is rather odd, especially for an airport hotel, but I understand their business reason is the high insurance liability costs. No food is offered except through their vending machines which isn't good food, you need to leave the hotel for dining options. Coffee is available in their lobby.

The hotel is located about a mile from the airport, a twenty minute walk. Local bus service available half hour service except holidays (check the bus website for schedule and current fare), currently USD 2 from the Nugget Mall along with shopping and restaurants about one-half mile away or a twenty minute walk. No restaurant, no swimming pool, no breakfast on their premises. We visited this facility on an open house tour.

Location would be an issue for me. If you're here on business and have no need to be downtown, taking a flight in a day or two or taking the ferry, this might be a good pick. For me, I'd rather lodge at a place downtown where I may walk to close by restaurants, movies, shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The Aspen is located very close to the airport as well as restaurants, grocery store and the Mendenhall Glacier. The room is like an efficiency apartment so it made it very nice to have our own food in the room for snacks, breakfast and lunch. The room is complete with a cooktop, full fridge/freezer and necessary pots, pans, utensils, plates, coffee maker, etc... I would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family