“Top Choice in Juneau”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Providence, Rhode Island
“Top Choice in Juneau”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Juneau is expensive but this hotel is on the affordable side, and is very updated. There is a kitchenette and couch, bed was really comfy, the place was quiet, and I was able to do a super-early check in. If I ever go to Juneau again, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I spoke with one staff member on check-in and the security guard on check-out and both were friendly. I signed a documet on check-in that acknowledged I was aware that this was a limited service extended stay property. That is fine. The room had a kitchen on the entrance to the room and a combined seating area and bedroom. The HVAC unit did not appear to provide AC so with the 60+ degree temps I left the window open all night even with the rain. Thankfully the rain did not blow in because I could not have tolerated closing the window. The hotel has nothing around it in walking distance but there is much in driving range. I think this is probably a good choice for a stay in Juneau to go visit the glacier, the shrine and downtown Juneau. Just do not expect much in the way of service. Parking is free, the internet works but there is nothing else. Not a problem as long as you know this ahead of time. Still I would stay here on a return visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly & helpful. Room was exceptionally clean & well stocked. Hotel did not have a pool or restaurant that I was made aware of but if it did I would be assured they would be maintained as well as the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 309 is excellent and is close to elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kim K
Chugiak, Alaska
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Aspen for 3 days while in town on business. Nice room. Comfy bed. Very nice and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again the next time I'm in town. Close to Fred Meyers and several restaurants. Easy commute in to downtown.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chugiakemt
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your loyal business. It is always great to hear positive feedback from our guest. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! Our company strives to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us.

Thank you again for your continued business we truly appreciate it!! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I recently stayed seven nights at this hotel. The front desk staff is very friendly and the room quite spacious with well-equipped kitchenette and cozy bedding. The one-time housekeeping service was fine since the room was clean from the start. The exercise room is handy. I certainly recommend this hotel and will stay there again. There is charm to the downtown hotels, but this one is more functional for a business traveler.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank doxnmom59
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is great hearing positive feedback from our customer’s and I glad you enjoyed your stay with us!! It is our mission to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service to each and every guest who stays with us.

Thank you again for choosing Aspen Suites Hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.

San Francisco
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I don't know how they do it, but every time I stay here the beds are just incredibly comfortable. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and every room has a kitchen! I love this place, I really do.
The internet access is really good, they have coffee in the lobby all day. Still tho, the best thing is the spotless fresh smelling room and that crazy comfortable bed.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Lalasmom

Juneau, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip for 3 weeks. They claimed to be an extended stay hotel, but this was not the case. It was a small room with a smaller kitchenette attached to it. No oven or dishwasher. Only 2 burners a microwave and a fridge consisted of the kitchen. My husband came with me for this trip and there was not enough space for both of us to live comfortably for 3 weeks. They claimed to have free wifi, but we could never get a signal. We called about 3 times and no one came up to look at it. All they said was "It should be working"... There was no washer and dryer in the room and it cost $8 for me to do a load of clothes downstairs. Also, their laundry mat had a Tv but it did not work.
If you're not staying for a significant amount of time or plan to cook much. This is a nice and clean hotel. Staff was nice. I would not do an extended stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business