“SO MUCH FUN!!!”

and up
Juneau Shore Excursion: Douglas Island Zipline Tour from Juneau
Ranked #10 of 72 Outdoor Activities in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: The tour starts with a 10 minute jet boat ride across Gastineau Channel. At the beach you meet your guides and they will escort you up to the outfitting shelter for a thorough orientation. After getting geared up and loaded onto our Mercedes Benz Unimog you will ride up the mountain to the top of the course. There is a short up-hill hike to the first platform from which you will descend through the trees and over the ruins of the Treadwell Gold Mine. There are 10 ziplines, 2 suspension bridges and you finish the course with a 42 foot rappel returning to ground near the outfitting shelter. Before you get back on the boat, we have a small shop where you can purchase an action photo from the last zipline or a t-shirt or sweatshirt to remember your excursion. The tour lasts a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes. Come fly through trees with us!
Juneau, AK
“SO MUCH FUN!!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I live in Juneau and dont do much touristy stuff but this business is owned by a friend and she gave me a gift card for my wedding gift. We invited my whole family from my 55yr old mom to my 11yr old niece and had a total blast! It was so much fun and the staff was all about having a good time while still being safe. I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone travelling to Juneau. It was so much fun.

Tampa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Scary, exhilirating FUN! Do this tour and you will see the beauty of Juneau”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was VERY apprehensive about doing this tour in Juneau, but my 20-yr old daughter shamed me into participating. It was so bloody scary, but it was also wildy exhilirating, and I'm glad I did it just for the bragging rights. But guess what: it was also incredible being in the Alaskan forest so high in the trees, and I was mesmerized by the sheer beauty of it all. You cannot witness the wonder of Juneau walking around the little town of souvenir shops...try to get out into the wilderness for a tiny short, sweet sample of this beautiful place.

We (54 yr old mom, and 20-yr old daughter) took this tour off our ship recently in Juneau, and I'm very glad that I did book with this company. We were met right off the ship, and directed to a boat which zipped us across the bay, where we were briefed on the safety measures, outfitted in the harnessing, and met our friendly, funny, delightful guides, Nick and Sara. We got in a huge monster vehicle that drove up a steep incline. Then we were dropped off and walked further up an incline to reach the first platform. We were SO HIGH up I could hardly look down! (Get this: I usually go no higher than a 4 ft ladder, and then get dizzy!)

Still, this tour was AWESOME! Nick and Sara fully explained the cable system, how to hold the cables and slow yourself down. We were off and zipping and it was truly a memorable experience!

Don't hesitate to book this tour and try ziplining...ask for Nick or Sara (both if possible, because they were a great team) to make your trip extra fun!

3 Thank CompassRoseTampa
Charlotte, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Soaring through the trees”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our zipline experience was the best !! EVERYONE we came in contact with was pleasant and accommodating. Every aspect of this operation is first class. First and foremost, safety is priority # 1. At "all" times, you were connected to a cable and never once did I have any fears or apprehensions. What a joy it was to be so high up and to enjoy "soaring through the trees". We saw an eagle and two bears, one that actually swiped a salmon from a stream below us and had a quick feast. Our guides, Grant and Garrett were the best. They were pleasant and professional. We would definitely do this again !!

1 Thank TravelingMan0119
michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fabulous, even though a bit scary!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had been ziplining before, but nothing like this. The views are spectacular...if you're brave enough to look! Our guides, Sean and Palmer, were incredibly skilled, patient, and kind. It was pouring rain the day we went, but it was still great fun and I would highly recommend this for an excursion in Ketchikan. We even saw a huge black bear eating salmon in the river below us.

Charlotte, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Tons of fun!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Despite our rainy weather, we had a blast on our Canopy Tour in Juneau. Our guide Greg & Josiah were entertaining, skilled and really made me feel comfortable in a place WAY out of my comfort zone. The provided rain suits were really nice too - I stayed completely dry despite a very wet day.