“Charming cafe in downtown Juneau”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rookery Cafe

The Rookery Cafe
Ranked #5 of 133 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Rookery Cafe is an independent bistro, coffee shop and bakery located in the heart of downtown Juneau.We are proud to serve coffee from Stumptown Coffee Roasters, one of the hightest rated coffee roasters in the nation. We are their only wholesale account in the state of Alaska, and will make sure you get the best cup of coffee you have ever tasted. All our baked goods are prepared onsite, and we provide fresh rolls, danish, croissants, muffins, cookies, cupcakes, and more! Breakfast is served from 7 am to 10:30 am Monday - Friday, and 9 am to 12 on Saturday. Lunch is served from 11 AM - 3 PM, and we serve amazing had crafted burgers, sandwiches on our own focaccia, a variety of salads, and soups made from scratch daily. At 5 PM, Monday through Saturday night, the dinner menu is served. Reservations can be made for parties up to 16. High quality small and large plates, salads and snacks from our seasonal menu will please the most distinguished of pallets. Draft beer and wine by the glass, carafe or bottle is available daily. We are open Monday - Friday from 7 am to 9 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm. You will always find something amazing at The Rookery Cafe!
Seattle
“Charming cafe in downtown Juneau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I always look for small local businesses to support when I travel. The Rookery is just such a place... Cozy, old school atmosphere, personal service, great coffee and tempting treats. Great location in the heart of the waterfront district! Check it out

• Polish first
Alamosa, Colorado
“Love their lunches!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved this cute little bistro! I've only had their lunch, but went back two days in a row because it was so good. It's definitely small, and can get quite busy, but has a fun atmosphere. My friends and I had no problem enjoying an excellent meal and having girl time-I will be dining again their before my trip concludes.

Woodinville, Washington
“Great Coffee and Cafe Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We actually came here several times during our visit to Juneau. We went to Heritage first but liked this place better. They serve stumptown coffee. I like the iced vanilla latte. My mom usually gets a mocha but doesn't like too much chocolate. Interesting to note, it seems like the coffee shops in Alaska make their mochas with chocolate milk instead of chocolate syrup so she ordered it "tan" which is half chocolate milk and half regular milk. It was really good that way. This place is also a cafe. We got the baked macarooni at luch. So good! And when we were there are breakfast time, I got a bacon and cheese breakfast sandwich. So yummy with big thick cuts of bacon stuffed in it. They also had great looking breakfast burritos. Note: they were not open when we stopped by on a Sunday.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Vegetarian Choice in Juneau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Okay, I know that going to Alaska means you will be surrounded by meat and fish. Yet sometimes I still want to eat a little more lightly and I haven't eaten red meat in years. So, I asked our guide where she would recommend and she turned us onto the best little place! It looks like a cafe, but has a full menu, fun coffee drinks, plus beer and wine. Steve and I had maybe the best grilled cheese ever, plus a potato salad with big chunks of beets in it that was super delicious and super filling! We went for a hike, then returned for a celebratory beer after because we liked it so much. Friendly staff and great choices for meat eaters too.

Lyons, New York
“okay coffee, okay food, tight quarters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

this place is nice but it just feels like everyone is on top of you and in your business. i tried to get together with someone here to meet and talk and it was just too hard to converse and focus with people all around and butting into your conversation.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank a t

Been to The Rookery Cafe? Share your experiences!