“Great way to see Glacier”

Temsco Helicopter Tours
Ranked #17 of 81 Tours in Juneau
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We booked the helicopter tour through Princess. Awesome blue skies and great experience. Landing on the glacier was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We did sit in the front with the pilot and enjoyed having front-row seats; however, be aware that the seats in the front are very tiny and are really about a seat and a half, but the camera options from the front are terrific. Would highly recommend this excursion.

3  Thank FRDENVER

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is one thing that you must experience. The staff were excellent and our pilot was professional and knowledgeable about the glaciers. Our flight was cancelled due to the weather but we rebooked for the next day and off we went. My wife was very nervous before we took off but then the smile grew on her face and could not be removed. Thank you for a memorable experience. I will be back for sure and have recommended you to my friends.

3  Thank Dino7731
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Booked the Pilots Choice Tour through Royal Caribbean. George, our pilot, was fantastic. He Shared a wealth of knowledge about the ice field and glaciers and was completely safe and professional. Landing on the ice field was surreal...360 degree view of the mountains , snow capped peaks and blue sky, a truly breathtaking experience that made me feel blessed to be able to experience it with only my husband, the pilot, and one other passenger. Tip, take a warm hat, wind proof jacket and gloves. No iPads are allowed on the helicopter so everyone can see out the windows. I recommend you Skip the "sheeple" bus tours to the Mendenhall glacier and spend the extra money for this more intimate experience. I've done the helicopter tours in Hawaii and this one was far better.

2  Thank scubamom33
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we did the pilot's choice tour which was fantastic, it was myself, my wife, and a woman and her mother. It was amazing, the weather was perfect so we were able to go deep into the ice field and stop on two glaciers. We felt like we were the only people in the whole world. It's an amazing way to see something and feel alone in the wilderness.

I was nervous at first about taking the helicopter as I am larger than the average person in the area of stomach size, but I paid an over weight fee, and no one treated me differently or seemed to care. In fact everyone at Temsco was super friendly, nice and welcoming. It really made me enjoy my time.

the views are incredible and since it's a helicopter it can land wherever the pilot thinks it's safe so you have a chance to walk in truly new and untested ground. We stopped by a crevasse with water and you can drink it since it's so pure and fresh. It was a truly amazing trip.

4  Thank Touristasaurus
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We booked the Pilot's Choice Ice Age Exploration excursion thru Princess Cruises...(cost $50 extra per person..go to Temsco website...I should have known better). Anyway this tour was totally awesome! We had front row seats in the helicopter. The view was spectacular!!! We just wished we had been given more time to take photos during the 2 glaciers walk segments.

1  Thank RashidMarwat