“Exciting”

US$135.00*
Whale Watch and Mendenhall Glacier Combo Tour
US$99.00*
and up
Juneau Shore Excursion: City and Mendenhall Glacier Tour with Seafood Lunch or...
Ranked #1 of 80 Tours in Juneau
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the most out of your shore excursion in Juneau with our central port pick-up, flexible schedule at the Mendenhall Glacier Park and deluxe whale watching boats!
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a fabulous time with Captain Ken, Rachel, and Brenden on our whale watching adventure. The staff was especially polite and attentive and provided an excellent overview of what we were seeing. My children and I learned a lot and were especially impressed by the gracefulness of the humpback we saw jump out of the water!

1  Thank Daniel P

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Rachel and Captain Ken had a spidey sense for locating some great whales, even catching a breeching whale (I was looking for a sea lion so missed that special shot). We were all really impressed and had a great time. Top notch outfit. "So much fun!", said Josh, the 12 year old nephew.

2  Thank menardnyc
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were on a cruise, but booked this trip at the harbour side. About half a dozen mini kiosks selling various trips. I normally steer clear of this type of selling, but the guy Cory was very friendly and wasn't at all pushy. The trip was about 30 dollars cheaper than if we had purchased on the ship.Decided to go ahead (particularly as they were offering 100% money back if you didn't see whales). We had a beautiful day and went out on a fast boat, where we saw our first humpback whale. Fantastic, so close to the boat. Moving on, we saw another whale close up. We then went to the area where they were feeding. Bubble net feeding it how it was described, where the whales dive down and blow bubbles up which bring the fish to the surface. Ten or twelve whales breaking the surface each time. Breathtaking and awesome! I am sure there are other companies that do trips, but these guys certainly know where to go for the whales. Do it!

1  Thank Dave932014
Reviewed 24 August 2014

... For people who hate seeing whales!

This tour was fantastic. My grandfather and I went for his 80th birthday as part of an Alaskan adventure. He is exceptionally hard to please, but he easily said that the whale tour through Juneau Whale Watch was the best part of our whole trip. Michelle was our Naturalist and Ambassador to the Kingdom of the Whales. She was very informative and could answer all my questions, which is great! Because I knew nothing about whales. We saw a baby humpback whale breach, and it was one of the most breathtaking experiences of my life. Michelle restored my faith in tour guides. The experience would have been merely an empty husk of what it was without Michelle guiding us.

Thank you so much. 5/5 stars. Would do again.

1  Thank Stefan M
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We took this tour as a ship excursion. It seemed a bit pricey to me, but all the excursions did. We had a great time. The weather cooperated so we had many gorgeous views. They do try their best to find as many whales as they can for you while following all the policies/procedures about whale watching. We took pictures of many tails, however only one came out of the water. And this occurred when we were all watching another one and were not able to get the picture. But what an awesome sight.

1  Thank sharon s

Been to Juneau Whale Watch? Share your experiences!