“Whales!”

Ranked #1 of 86 Tours in Juneau
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get the most out of your shore excursion in Juneau with our central port pick-up, flexible schedule at the Mendenhall Glacier Park and deluxe whale watching boats!
Oakland, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Whales!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We saw at least a dozen humpbacks, with one breaching. It was a spectacular sight. The crew were very helpful and knowledgable. The trip was significantly cheaper than booking through the cruise line. After the whale watch, a bus dropped us off at the Mendenhall glacier, which I also reccomend!

1 Thank Lteitler

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Savannah
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Exciting”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a fabulous time with Captain Ken, Rachel, and Brenden on our whale watching adventure. The staff was especially polite and attentive and provided an excellent overview of what we were seeing. My children and I learned a lot and were especially impressed by the gracefulness of the humpback we saw jump out of the water!

1 Thank Daniel P
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great whale watching ”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Rachel and Captain Ken had a spidey sense for locating some great whales, even catching a breeching whale (I was looking for a sea lion so missed that special shot). We were all really impressed and had a great time. Top notch outfit. "So much fun!", said Josh, the 12 year old nephew.

2 Thank menardnyc
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were on a cruise, but booked this trip at the harbour side. About half a dozen mini kiosks selling various trips. I normally steer clear of this type of selling, but the guy Cory was very friendly and wasn't at all pushy. The trip was about 30 dollars cheaper than if we had purchased on the ship.Decided to go ahead (particularly as they were offering 100% money back if you didn't see whales). We had a beautiful day and went out on a fast boat, where we saw our first humpback whale. Fantastic, so close to the boat. Moving on, we saw another whale close up. We then went to the area where they were feeding. Bubble net feeding it how it was described, where the whales dive down and blow bubbles up which bring the fish to the surface. Ten or twelve whales breaking the surface each time. Breathtaking and awesome! I am sure there are other companies that do trips, but these guys certainly know where to go for the whales. Do it!

1 Thank Dave932014
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This Tour Is Terrible...”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

... For people who hate seeing whales!

This tour was fantastic. My grandfather and I went for his 80th birthday as part of an Alaskan adventure. He is exceptionally hard to please, but he easily said that the whale tour through Juneau Whale Watch was the best part of our whole trip. Michelle was our Naturalist and Ambassador to the Kingdom of the Whales. She was very informative and could answer all my questions, which is great! Because I knew nothing about whales. We saw a baby humpback whale breach, and it was one of the most breathtaking experiences of my life. Michelle restored my faith in tour guides. The experience would have been merely an empty husk of what it was without Michelle guiding us.

Thank you so much. 5/5 stars. Would do again.

1 Thank Stefan M

Been to Juneau Whale Watch? Share your experiences!