“Warm and Inviting. Just like home.”

Alaska's Capital Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 27 Juneau B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Leesburg, Florida
“Warm and Inviting. Just like home.”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at the Inn prior to going on the our Wilderness adventurer uncruise. Myself, my husband and my two teens(16 and 19). we have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. Well, let me tell you we picked an excellent one for our first time. Linda met us at the front door. We instantly felt comfortable and welcome. Our rooms were perfect. Our teens had their own room and we had ours. Both overlooking the garden. And let me tell you Linda and Mark have a beautiful garden. My husband and son went fishing early the next morning. Linda packed them a breakfast bag. My daughter and I had the wonderful breakfast that linda and Mark prepared. We dined with two other couples that were very pleasant. I must not forget to mention Linda and Mark's sweet little quiet dog "Duffy." We would have taken him home but no room in our suitcases. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Dick and Doris N.

The best Bed and Breakfast we’ve experienced, Alaska’s Capital Inn Bed and Breakfast exceeded our expectations. From the moment we arrived, Linda and Mark proved to be excellent hosts. Linda welcomed us warmly, and happily showed us the results of their renovations.

An amazing period atmosphere greets visitors beginning at the front porch. Each room is beautifully appointed, from the floor, to the ceiling, and features unique antique furniture and decor. All guest rooms feature different wallpaper and bedroom furnishings.

Linda and Mark are far more than innkeepers. They prepare wonderful breakfasts, and invite guests to help themselves to snacks, beverages, and wine. Available during the day and evening, they gladly address all questions and requests.

Their recommendations for restaurants, must-see sites, shops, and more, all proved excellent.

Thank you, Linda and Mark, for making our stay in Juneau memorable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed at this location in June 2013. It earns the full five stars for atmosphere. For comfort and amenities. For location (easy walk to town, but far enough away to avoid the ruckus when the cruise ships come in). But it is the knowledge of both Juneau and Alaska that Linda and Mark (the owners) bring to the table, and their amazing willingness to do whatever it takes to meet their guests needs and surpass their expectations that seal the deal. You would think they know everyone in Juneau personally and have them on speed dial. And when I accidentally left a jacket in their closet and called them to provide my Fedex account number to ship it back home, Linda would not hear of it, expressing that I would need it as we traveled north and offering instead to meet me at the airport since I would be having a layover in Juneau on the next leg of our journey. Use this B&B as your home away from home!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed or stay at The Capital Inn. We were made to feel at home from when we first walked in the door. Our room was wonderful--full of antiques and art work and extremely clean. Breakfasts were amazing, especially the muffins, and it was great to be able to pick up a snack at any time from the dining room table. A glass of wine and nibblies in the afternoon were a great addition. Linda and Mark were very helpful in suggesting what to do and see and even booked a helicopter sled dog excursion for us. We would highly recommend their home as a place to stay and hope some day to return for a visit.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the top floor with views out over the town and the harbor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Payette, Idaho
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We wanted a place that was near the downtown area so that we wouldn't have to drive all of the time. We also wanted a quiet, interesting place with some charm and personality. We hoped for interesting and helpful hosts who would welcome us and make us feel at home. We got all that and more.

Although FOOD itself wasn't first on our list of priorities, the food was outstanding. The host, Linda, is a marvelous cook and seemed to be able to come up with exotic and tasty breakfasts consistently, with lots of variety. What I appreciated most, though, was her ability to see and understand the needs of the guests, and to make changes based on their needs and wants, spoken or unspoken. The food was fabulous, and she put our snacks for us, including fresh-baked cookies. It's so comfortable there that staying IN would have been delightful, but we did feel the need to get out and see the bears and the glaciers since we were there!

The family style breakfast might sound too cozy at first, but we immediately realized how helpful it was in our planning, and how enjoyable. Other folks at the table had their experiences (where to spot the mother bear and three cubs) and could definitely help us to plan our days. We enjoyed the people. Linda and Mark are wonderful sources of information on what to do and where to go, and we loved the local anecdotes and tales of life in Alaska that Linda shared when we had time to visit.

The house is beautifully and tastefully furnished and refurbished. You could spend half a day looking around the house!

This is what bed and breakfasts are supposed to be: not just a place to sleep at night, but a rich local experience with warm, helpful hosts.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
usa
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would recommend staying here since it is centrally located in downtown and the owners make you feel like you are home away from home. The expansive breakfast was so good and was different everyday. They sure made sure you had enough food fuel to give you lots of energy for your day. The rooms were cozy and beds were super comfortable. Linda always had great stories to share during breakfast. I would definitely stay here the next time we make it back to Juneau. The city was amazing but the experience was definitely enhanced by our stay at the Alaska's Capital Inn Bed and Breakfast.
Thank you Linda and Mark!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
OK
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I went to Juneau on business and when my plane landed in Juneau my Verizon cell phone wouldn't receive a signal. I was absolutely panicked. Upon checking into the Alaska's Capital Inn, I explained my situation to the owner (Linda). Linda gave me her personal cell phone until I eventually got my phone to work later that day (just needed to turn my roaming on). Linda was my savior. When I returned to the Inn on a particularly tough day in which nothing seemed to go right for me, I was greeted by Linda with a micro-brew and a good story or two. On a subsequent night, I watched the NFL draft and drank some beer with Mark (the other owner). The room was quiet and comfortable, the breakfast tasty and ample (crust-less quiche, steak and eggs), but the owners are AMAZING!

Room Tip: I stayed in the lower level and it was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business