“Beautiful interior, food was okay”

Canton Asian Bistro
Ranked #100 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine casual dining
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This place has a beautiful interior decorated by Bauer/Clifton that sets the tone visually before sitting down for a meal or their sushi bar. We had a good party set in their bar area, hired singer Kari Groven with Tom Locher on piano. We had spring rolls, chicken wings, mashed potatoes, haggis.

There are newer reviews for Canton Asian Bistro

Reviewed 13 May 2013

This place had VERY quick service. Like freaky fast. We ordered our dinner, and like 2 minutes later. That should have been a warning. There is no way you can make three fresh dinner entrees in 2 mins. My sweet and sour pork was no good at all. My shrimp was terrible. Tasted like it had been deep fried like 3 times throughout the day, and just thrown back in the oil for yet another reheat. Ugh.. Go somewhere else and save money.

1  Thank SmokeyBearVII
Reviewed 2 May 2013

So, you walk in and think this place is legit- looks like you're going to have a wonderful, filling and tasty meal- couldn't be more wrong.

I really wanted this place to be good... Oh, I could just taste the deliciousness in my mouth before they even seated us. I was so ready to love this place.

Some of the meat was questionable... Good, quality meat in Juneau is tough to find. This place was no exception. My husband's "pork" didn't look like or taste like pork. The almond chicken I ordered was delicious and legit looking, just like the decor... Surprise!! It was nothing more than melted, coagulated butter.

Although I left with a full stomach, I was disappointed that nothing I put in my mouth satisfied my taste buds.

1  Thank travelingtmans
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Used to be a really great place for Chinese food...not a fan anymore. Seems like the quality just isn't there

1  Thank Jana R
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Ordered two of their special sushi rolls (fire and iceberg) at 15/18 respectively and was utterly disappointed in the size/quality of the roll. I would hate to see what the normal (cheaper) rolls look like. I did not feel all that happy about paying 30$ for mostly rice. Service was prompt and the waitress was fine. Just a little miffed over the food I seleceted that day.