“Always a must stop!”

Silverbow Bakery
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 26 February 2014

They have great tea, wonderful breakfast sandwiches and the best cookies! Love this place! When you stay at the Silver Bow you get a free breakfast coupon at the bakery - a wonderful local stop!

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Happy to hear you enjoy the bakery so much. Dont forget to check out our new wine bar open Tuesday thru Sat. Great wine, good friends and good eats from our talented Chef, Jennie Rizzo and Baker, Aaron Sorrels

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A more appropriate title for this establishment would be "Silverbow Café". My experience was rather lackluster. I was referred by a coworker who said it was a great bakery. They had some sweets like giant cookies, lots of bagels and loaves of bread; including challah which I love. However, I think bagels are baked by those without a passion for baking.

They had a lot of lunch options and espresso (again, "café" would be better than "bakery"). I ordered a bagel with lox for about $9. It was sadly lacking in lox. I realize the location of Juneau makes everything more pricey, but there's pleeeenty of salmon nearby. Denali establishments during the summer offers better portions of lox for similar pricing.

My Americano was bitter. Overall I was disappointed. THEN! The cleanup kid went around spraying this HORRIBLE smelling rose-cleaner on the tables. Nothing is more awful than a cheap rose-perfume smell turned up to 11 while you're trying to eat.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us! Did you take the time to chat with a manager about your less than awesome experience? I would have loved to have helped you. Though we occasionally have some kinks to work out, the staff at the Silverbow tries hard to be friendly and helpful to any customer, whether they did or did not enjoy their time here. While there may be plenty of salmon nearby in Juneau, there are no salmon nearby in February in Juneau, which makes the price go up. Just like certain produce costs more out of season, so does fish. There are also numerous species of Salmon and we strive to serve the best one to you; Sockeye. We also try very hard to support our local businesses such as Taku that provides us with our Lox product. Did you know that in Kodiak, a bagel with just lox and no other goodies runs at $15? I really hope you give us another chance. If you have any issues ever just ask for some assistance and we would be more than happy to help you and do what it takes to make your experience and our local passionately baked bagel bakery amazing.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The veggie cream cheese is to die for--- but I just loved the cashier!! Erin was a total sweetheart and even gave me a hug. Our food was delicious and fast, and it was an awesome hang out place. Definitely going back. :)

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thanks for saying. We love the veggie cream cheese too.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The food is great, thats why I go there. The service is in need of good revising, or instruction. But its worth it for the price and quality of food. If they would let me, I would re-varnish their tables. someone in juneau thinks the old un-kept look is "in". Like the Alaskan Hotel. Wifi, if you ask for the code at the ordering counter.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. The tables are pretty old. The bakery has been operating for over a hundred years. Cool.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

It was dirty, the dining area was dark and scary. You are better off ordering at the counter and take your food to a table. Like self serve yourself. Have not been back.

SilverbowInn, Manager at Silverbow Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Sounds like you had a pretty horrible experience at the Silverbow. I'm very sorry about that, Did you take the time to speak to a manager about your visit? I promise that we are well intentioned and care a lot about giving our customers the best service that we can. I would have loved to taken the time to talk to you and make your experience great. Even if it included something as little as turning on a light switch! If you like things that are light, modern, and friendly, I strongly encourage you to try the wine bar on a sunny afternoon. We just renovated the space and it even includes a welcoming fire place. We hope to see you again soon.