“Great fish, kind of high priced”

Twisted Fish Company Alaskan Grill
Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Twisted Fish Co is next to the cruise ship docks on the waterfront in Juneau, Alaska. Open May through September seasonally, we serve fresh Alaskan seafood and a variety of local flavors. The full service restaurant is a local favorite offering something for everyone. Our Alaskan Grill offers the best and widest selection of wines and Alaskan brewed beers. From wineries and breweries across the state, and even from out of state, Twisted Fish Co, collects the best. We can advise you how best to pair a beer or wine with your meal, or you can just enjoy a glass or two of whatever you're in the mood for. We serve in a wonderful interior, and offer outdoor, waterfront dining as well. Visit us today and discover why we are a local favorite and a tourist treasure.
Juneau, Alaska
“Great fish, kind of high priced”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went there with a dozen friends as a bit of a reunion. It was excellent all around, but even those of us who live here were a bit surprised at the prices. It is by the cruise ship docks, so maybe they are after those tourist dollars. I wouldn't let that slow you down or prevent you from going there. It just wouldn't be a regular hangout for people around here.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Denver, Colorado
“We would recommend....”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and two daughters, 23 and 12, and I visited Juneau in June 2014.
We had a wonderful time and would recommend a visit to Juneau to everyone.

We dined at Twisted Fish three times within eight days.
The first night, the place was very busy but we agreed to sit at a bar/bistro table for four and only waited about 5 minutes. It would have been longer if we had insisted on a table or window table and to be honest, we had a nice view out the window from our table in the bar area.

Let me state that the service was great every visit and we saw three different hostesses and three different servers; all very nice.

FOOD; The first night, we shared the hot artichoke and spinach dip with crostini which was delicious. (On the third visit, I ordered it with a salad for early dinner. It's that good.)

I had the KC steak, medium rare, with escalloped potatoes.
The steak was tender and cooked to perfection with a wonderful demi-glaze (sic) that I thought might have a hint of Bourbon and the escalloped potatoes were the best any of us have ever had.

Yes, we all shared and sampled.

The two girls had the Chicken Oscar which came with a rather large portion/HUNK of King Crab Leg and a wonderful sauce and we all loved it as well.
My husband had the Cedar Plank Salmon and chose the clam chowder as his starter and he raved about how good it all was.

Older daughter and I had lunch at T. F. a couple of days later.
We both had the Halibut and Chips.
The Halibut is very fresh and the meal was quite good.
Here is a little something: We are former Alaskans from the Fairbanks area and we discovered that there is a significant difference between tempura-battered Halibut and beer-battered Halibut.
Both are to die for but beer-battered has a LOT more flavor just for those who are used to that and the cole-slaw at T. F. and their partner, Hangar on the Wharf, is not what most of us are used to. It's pretty bland.

Our last evening in Juneau, we returned to T. F. for an early dinner and the food was still fairly
good but not great.
My husband ordered the clam chowder as a main course. The bowl of clam chowder is large.
This trip, it was sooo salty it was barely edible.
We all like salt but it was too much as was my older daughter's meal of Salmon in Puff Pastry and there was a lot more pastry than Salmon. .
I'm not sure what happened but I think a mistake was made that day or perhaps there was a different chef that evening.

Regardless, it's certainly worth a try and the first meal was and still is a delicious memory.

• Visited June 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Went Twice”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We ate twice at this restaurant - once because it was recommended and the second time because there were 20 of us with varying budgets and tastes, we knew where it was, and we could get a reservation. The first time I had the salmon on cedar plank which was delicious. The second time I had the coconut salmon which was great. It is an appetizer but was plenty for me. I tasted my friend's salmon and cream cheese in puff pastry - delicious, but very rich. I thought the prices were fair, although one in our group thought it was too expensive. The service was friendly but slow. Parking can be an issue. We went at 6 pm on Sunday evening - no problem. I would go there again.

Visited June 2014
Whitehorse, Canada
“Good Eats”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place was buzzing and we had to wait to be seated.

We all ordered something different and everyone was happy with their selection. Food was hot and portion sizes were good. Service was helpful and friendly.

Visited July 2014
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Fresh, amazing seafood in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I ate here on a stop on a Holland America cruise. We got there early as we had heard it was hard to get into.
He had the crab bisque and I had the Alaskan King Crab Legs, they were, of course, fresh and amazing. We had such a great meal and the service was attentive without being intrusive.
Excellent restaurant!