“Easily the best food in Juneau”

Chan's Thai Kitchen
Ranked #44 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and I have been in Juneau for 3 months and have tried many places around town, much of which are a disappointment. This place on the other hand, totally delivered. There is typically a wait for food, a wait to be seated, a wait for drinks.. wait wait wait.. But go, and endure the wait. It's better than eating crap elsewhere. The portions are large and can easily be shared. If you just ordered Massaman and Pad Thai you could easily feed 3 people, possibly 4. We will certainly be going back before we leave town.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

i don't eat out that much but I like Chan's menu and food quality, and the owners and servers are a local family. No reservations, so at times you will have to wait. One of the best Juneau has to offer.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

The green curry and Thai basil dishes that I tried were pretty unflavorful. I feel like I may not have ordered their strongest dishes, however, since I saw a lot of other people get the same plate that looked good.

1  Thank Joshua Z
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Near Auke Bay harbor. Hard to figure out when they are open and often there is a long wait. Good Thai food and good sized portions. Small and cramped at times though. Some people are crazy about it.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I lived in Thailand for two years, so my standards are pretty high. The cooks are Thai (and very friendly) so they know what they are doing, but they've adjusted recipes for limited supplies and local tastes. For example, the food is not spicy at all, which would be unheard of in Thailand. Also the portions are three to four times larger than what you'd find in Thailand, so be prepared to take some home. Though not perfect, the food is good and clearly very popular in Juneau.

1  Thank AroundWorld300KDays