“Best Thai food.”

Good for: Child-friendly
Juneau, Alaska
“Best Thai food.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've been to Thailand but even there I couldn't find a better Tom Yum or Green Curry. This place makes incredible foods. But... I wish the owners found a better and larger place. This restaurant is small and crowded; it cannot fit everyone who wants to enjoy Thai food. Sometimes you have to wait in line for a long time just to get in. We go there once a month only because of that. Otherwise, we would be there every week! This is the only reason I give it 4 stars, not 5.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank cool_alaska

Bastrop, Texas, United States
“Didn't live up to it's reputation.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Everyone in Juneau recommended this restaurant. It was closed on Sunday and Monday night, so we went on our last night on Tuesday. It was crowded and there was a long wait. The owners had posted signs all over the restaurant and on the door that basically said that we shouldn't complain about the wait because it was worth it. We had a party of 6 and shared 5 dishes and egg rolls. We could have ordered only 3 dishes. But none of the dishes were excellent. I liked the egg rolls best. It was the worst pad thai I have ever tasted. Some of the stir fry dishes were bland. Our entire group was disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Libby S
Haines, Alaska
“Fresh and Delicious”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Fast service, fresh food, very tasty, convenient location. Unfortunately they are not open on weekends so could only eat there once.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SusanT170
Juneau, Alaska
“Great experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I generally don't make it out to this restaurant because I live on the other side of town. But we decided to go for a drive. We were able to be seated immediately on a Saturday night. After we placed our order, the restaurant filled up. The food comes out slowly as everything is home made at this place. I really appreciate the service here and the fresh food. We ordered 1/2 order of spring rolls. This was just right for 4 people. We shared an order of Chicken Satay, (chicken with peanut sauce), Cashew chicken (includes chicken, onions, cashews, red & green peppers in a coconutty sauce), and Shrimp with Broccoli. I loved the broccoli shrimp dish. It was fresh and the sauce wasn't too heavy, but very fresh tasting and delightful. I wasn't impressed with the Cashew Chicken. This dish always gets cold very fast. I'm not sure why. The chicken satay with peanut sauce was great. I liked this dish because the chicken was tender and it had enough of the peanut sauce to be tasty. Overall, I would come here again and only order 2 dishes (chicken satay and shrimp w/broccoli) and a full order of spring rolls $12.95.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank calibaby_12
Portland, Oregon
“Every time I'm in Juneau”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

This place is soo good.. I always eat here when I'm in Juneau. Great food, great people. If you are at the harbor or heading to the ferry terminal stop in and grab a plate, you will be glad you did.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Skookumlukum

Been to Chan's Thai Kitchen? Share your experiences!