“The best thick crust pizza in town”
Review of Jovany's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jovany's
Ranked #100 of 141 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Mexican
Juneau AK
“The best thick crust pizza in town”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I'm a pizza snob and Juneau isn't a great pizza destination, but I really like the crust; bready and chewy. Haven't tried other offerings in years so I can't speak to them.

Visited March 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

It was late and I needed something. This is close to the airport and easy to find.

The waitress was nice. The beer-battered halibut was flat and totally uninspired. The salad bar was minimal - at least there were a lot of tomatoes.

Decor is bare but clean.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank DelightedTraveller
Juneau, Alaska
“I'll never go back”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I can't explain what was so bad about it. Perhaps it was the "salad bar" which was very little iceburg lettuce IN WATER. Apparently they put ice in with the lettuce and it had melted? I have no idea but it was beyond rediculous. You want me to fish lettuce out of standing water and you call that a "salad bar?" I'll pass.

The pizza was burned around the crust and from the crust in there was no sauce or ingredients for a couple of inches in places.

ONE time I had a decent experience there when invited by someone else who has already selected the restaurant. I ordered the chicken picatta and it was "good" but it wasn't enough for me to change my mind about the restaurant.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Large portions of good, traditional Italian favorites”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Consider splitting an entree. HUGE portions of spaghetti and baked chicken parmesan were excellent. Service was just a little slow, but we would definitely go again.

Visited July 2012
Louisville, KY
“It's food”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

To start off, looking for an Italian meal in Juneau can be difficult and rare. Standard angel hair pasta and marinera sauce not to be found. Sort of because it is a seafood industrial center.

Jovany's was standard Italian fare in a dated facility. Service was very good, Alaskan Amber wss very cold - guess we should have stayed with the pizza.

Costs were in line with other restaurants - high.

My suggestion - look for either a Mexican restaurant or eat a good pizza pie.

• Visited July 2012