“Good enough to go again!”
Review of Broiler - CLOSED

Broiler
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have recently had breakfast, lunch and dinner over different days. All three meals were good or better. The place is a bit worn and I wouldn't suggest nit-picking the cleanliness (it would be a long day) but I will go back. It's like that ugly dog that has a great personality!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

There is limited choice near Juneau Airport. We were staying at Aspen Suites and this is in walking distance.

This looks like your average American diner - and does not boast to be anything else. Indeed the outside looks positively uninviting. Inside it is more interesting - with a whale baleen and all about whales too.

But we had two meals there:

Evening meal - Fish medley - a very satisfying meal - more than you could eat
Breakfast - all that one should be.

What is more we had a few questions caused by changes to plans. The hotel could not help at all - but the guy from Broller could not be more helpful. That warranted the 5 star review.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I'm a big fan of seafood platters. This one was about $25 and the portions were very small and not very good. The fish was OK. The shrimp looked and tasted like they came from a box of frozen seafood at the supermarket, maybe even from an Asian fish farm. The scallops were small and dry. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My fiancée and I wanted to try this place for something different so we came for breakfast. It wasn't horrible, but the prices are a little extravagant. When we walked in we weren't greeted with smiling faces but rather ignored and left a little confused on how the ordering process goes. The cook was probably the nicest person there.My fiancée got the biscuits and gravy and got great value for the low price. I, on the other hand, ordered simply the eggs, meat, and hash browns meal, and although it tasted great it was pretty overpriced for what I got. The waiter didn't have very good hospitality either. He wasn't rude, but he definitely didn't have good customer service qualities. The only time he came to our table other than to take our order and give us the check was ONCE to offer more coffee. A smile would have been nice, as well, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Like the title says, it wasn't the most horrible experience, I've had worse, but I won't be going very often. I'm all in all quite disappointed in the service.

1  Thank kaylaxoannxo
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was not pleased with our lunch here. I ordered a hamburger because I was afraid to order anything else. I figured they couldn't mess up a burger. I was wrong. It was very thin meat and they burnt it. And it had a weird flavor. I would never go back. My husband got the Rodfather burger and said it was not great.